It's video time

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: It's video time

Yeah... speed kills

Mike, you were wondering about the telephone incident.. actually, it's a telephone pole incident..

Bascially I threw in a suzuki 1 liter engine (54hp) along with an automatic tranny into an old prairie bobcat. The only reason I have this video is because this was the test run after I had worked all the bugs out. It never clued in that increase in speed = decrease in steering with the old brake and clutch setup. I clocked this vid at around 50kms/h avg from the time I passed the garage to the sound of hitting the pole.. since I was slowing down I was probably booking it around 60kms past the garage.
    Last edited by Mike; 06-16-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: embedded video

Hydromike: the Movie. Copper Ridge Amphib Jamboree 2006- Hydromike treks across a pond for a timed water crossing in an Attex Tomahawk.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I usually try and hold on to some kind of standards, but you sometimes have to make concessions for family
    Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Concessions? Hah! I had to fork over $500 and sign over my first born into a life of servitude replacing axle bearings on all of Don's machines. All that for a minute in the seat of a legend. Well worth it. I was taking it pretty gingerly. It's like getting inside a '62 Ferrari GTO. You're going to put it through its paces, but you're not really going to flog it. It commands respect. The video isn't really indicative of what the machine can do.

In all fairness, he's driven the 503 once or twice. I understand it's apples and oranges, but still...

~m
    You guys crack me up! I'm nowhere close to having kids but just so I know, where do I sign up MY firstborn when I'm ready?

Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Yeah... speed kills

Mike, you were wondering about the telephone incident.. actually, it's a telephone pole incident..

Bascially I threw in a suzuki 1 liter engine (54hp) along with an automatic tranny into an old prairie bobcat. The only reason I have this video is because this was the test run after I had worked all the bugs out. It never clued in that increase in speed = decrease in steering with the old brake and clutch setup. I clocked this vid at around 50kms/h avg from the time I passed the garage to the sound of hitting the pole.. since I was slowing down I was probably booking it around 60kms past the garage.
    Beeman, that is one INCREDIBLE video! I was expecting more pictures...I was shocked when you had a video of the actual crash! I can't believe that happened during the shake-down run. Did you get hurt bad?

Beeman, one more thing. Did it flip over or stay right side up. I have watched that video over and over and I can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Beeman, one more thing. Did it flip over or stay right side up. I have watched that video over and over and I can't tell.
    I didn't get hurt.. my leg was a little sore, but that was the extent of it. As for flipping over, the fiberglass absorbed much of the force, then the frame.. she stayed upright, but laid perpendicular to the path when she came to rest. I have pics of the damage, but I'm not sure if I should include them the the general gallery.. I wouldn't want to flood the gallery with misc pics. Are we going to be able to attach photos to just posts? (or files for that matter.. I have a good pdf on chain sizes and HP, but didn't find anywhere I could attach it).

Cheers,

Beeman

Beeman,

I'm glad you didn't get hurt bad. As for the pictures, go ahead and upload them to the gallery. That's what it is there for and the more pictures we have, the better. As for attachments, let me post something in chit chat about that.

Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    I didn't get hurt.. my leg was a little sore, but that was the extent of it. Beeman
    I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly, too. It could have been bad by the looks of the video. Is the machine going to be back together, or are you done with the "experiment"?

Don

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Short vid of Gus in the mud bog event last year at Copper Ridge.

Joe in the timed mud bog event at Copper Ridge last year.

Hydromike in the timed mud bog event at Copper Ridge last year. If I remember correctly, he won the event.

+ Reply to Thread