Full hydraulic machine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Full hydraulic machine

I wonder if they have a new design yet that gets rid of the chains? how often do you have to tighten them? do they have automatic tentioners? are they automatically lubed? Still have to carry extra chain when going out? whats the top speed like and how is the boyancy does it sink low in the water?

0-turn

Has anybody ever thought about using a 0-turn lawn mower setup in a 6x6. I have a trail boss I am thinking on trying it on any suggestions?

I have read many posts on this forum discussing that very idea. The downside seems to be the transmission won't hold up to our abuse, the top speed would be a turtles pace, the amount of hp required is significantly more than if you were to use a transmission out of another aatv.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Chris you pretty much described the Ratcliffe you gave me advice on last year. It has 3 hyd motors per side, in series. The pump is a tandem variable displacement driven by a 1600 cu in Subaru. The way I understand the pump has internal swashplates to control flow rate and direction. It has one control lever for each section, which runs either right or left wheels. I lost a drive hub once and was able to limp home with the right front wheel missing.
    It is slow and heavy and noisy.
    p.s. have looked at your build, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahenry View Post
    Has anybody ever thought about using a 0-turn lawn mower setup in a 6x6. I have a trail boss I am thinking on trying it on any suggestions?
    Some people on Craigslist have attepted to do it with no success, so that's why they put it for sale.. I wouldn't waste my time, it's really more trouble than it's worth.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

jpswift ...I devoured the info you posted on the Ratcliffe a while back...Thanks for doing the legwork.

Quote Originally Posted by stickalose View Post
    jpswift ...I devoured the info you posted on the Ratcliffe a while back...Thanks for doing the legwork.
    Happy to help! I thought that Ratcliffe was a pretty cool machine, but it was a very, very limited production machine. I think there were only 25 built, probably because they were so expensive to build and there wasn't a very big market for a machine like that. But it's still a very neat part of 6x6 history.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
    It's already been done, it's called a MuddOx, see it at MuddOx.net.
    I've heard mudox was having trouble with the motors/lines getting to hot and melting the plastic bodies? Is this true

Quote Originally Posted by Nitewatch45 View Post
    I've heard mudox was having trouble with the motors/lines getting to hot and melting the plastic bodies? Is this true
    I would seriously doubt it. Where have you heard that?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I would seriously doubt it. Where have you heard that?
    Sounds like something someone trying to sell you something else would say. I've seen and been in oxen that had the heck run out of them and never noticed a problem.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread