ARRGGHHH!! anybody tried to change the left side light bulb in a 2001 MaxIV.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARRGGHHH!! anybody tried to change the left side light bulb in a 2001 MaxIV.

Angry ARRGGHHH!! anybody tried to change the left side light bulb in a 2001 MaxIV.

Holy Hanna, who in the heck designed this. I cannot get past the wiring behind the ignition switch to turn the light bulb bracket out of the left (if your sitting inside) headlight. Anybody else had this problem. I have learned to be a contortionist but this is past the point of ridiculous. I must leave now and get some Advil for my aching back.

Just push the headlight in toward the vehicle to remove it from the black rubber mount, then pull out the mount that was holding it. Then just move the headlight through the hole and work on it on the outside of the vehicle.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Does the headlight actually push in a little when you push on it?

I'm referring to pushing on the entire headlight case to remove it from the rubber ring that holds it to the body. Access the bulb once you have the assembly on the outside of the vehicle.

MaxRules: Have you done this before? I'm not being smart I'm just wondering if you have. I've tried several times and I can hear the light cracking so I stopped.

Haha... yes wheeler I have done several. I'm not sure what is giving you the trouble or how to clarify it any further, unless someone glued your light in. Sometimes heavy brush on a trail will push one back so they are not that solid.
    Last edited by MaxRules; 09-11-2013 at 10:00 AM.

You could heat the rubber ring with a heat gun to soften it and the light should push out without cracking.

+ Reply to Thread