Interest from random people

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interest from random people

Interest from random people

I've had the old Hustler I just bought in the bed of my truck all week due to no time to offload it yet. I was in the parking lot of my parent's condo when someone came up and asked me what it was and if they were still made. Yesterday I was pulled up at a stop light when someone pulled up to me, got my attention, and waved toward the back of my truck. I thought maybe I was on fire or something. I rolled down the window and he asked where he could get something like what was on the back of my truck. I told him what it was and he said he knew, he wanted to know where to buy one.

I pointed both of them to this site, so if you made it, hello.

I'm sure we have all had the tail gater's on the highway! Or the kid in the back seat of his dad's car yelling, what's that dad! I get a kick out of it.

I stop counting on the times I had the same thing happen to me!

They attract some attention all right. I have the only one I know of for a 100 miles. Little kids love them, adults, not so much. Too slow compared to a Razor I guess.

I have the only Max IV in my town and people say things like, "Cool Argo." I tell them its a Max not an Argo. They never hesrd of one.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I have the same issue in my town. The uninitiated only know about Argo. I think it is a result of the TV ads in our area. We have a longtime Argo dealer who puts on a lot of ads. A lot of the hardcore sportsmen know the difference between Max and Argo, though.

Funny thing, though. In some parts of Alaska, a Ranger is not built by Polaris! That was a 6 wheel tracked rig. I am not sure who built it.

We get similar comments and questions as most of you whenever we take the machines out: "Do they still make those?" "Does it float?" "I had one just like that when I was a kid, but it had a steering wheel." "Have you ever gotten it stuck?" "Where do you buy something like that?"

On our way to PS4, a tour bus full of Asian people passed us and one lady videoed us all the way by. Do you suppose there will be a Hustler Bigfoot copy coming from China in the near future?

Once on the way to a ride, we were stopped at a traffic light with three machines on the truck & trailer. A woman in the passenger side of the car beside us rolled down the window and asked: "Do those things float in the water?" When I told her that yes, they do, the guy driving leaned over and said "I just won five dollars!".
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Have a lot of fun when I am trailering the machines. Gas stops are always filled with question and lookie-lou's. Had the Avenger on the trailer once and a lady asked if that Six wheeled machine would float? I just casually told her it had 8 wheels, she argued with me until she looked again and COUNTED the number of tires. We had a great laugh and her husband questioned her check book abilities.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

I had a city water guy out today to check on a possible leak. He mentioned the Argos in the driveway and said they had a Coot Argo at his duck club. If I owned the Argo trademark I'd be taking out some ads to tell the world its not a generic word before it goes the way of aspirin and heroin, which were originally Bayer's trademarks.

+ Reply to Thread