Emergency Style Strobes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Style Strobes

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    That setup right there is why I want an 8x8 instead of a 6x6. However as good as Argo are, I preferr the drive method of a mud oxx which im my mind is far superior. howver mud ox is mid engine and that doesnt work for a litter like argo...

guess one has to somehow make a machine up that is the best of BOTH machines
    I still plan on checking out a Mudd Ox. I know with little ones it the Argo is easier. But I think I could work around that if L need be.

I work real slow. Lol. I did manage to pick some emergency flashers up this summer. And I even got them mounted. Still have to wire them up, but should have that done in the coming week. I will get a video up once everything is wired. But here are a few pics for now.

Better late than never. I look forward to seeing the video of them working.

I've got some good options for very bright USA made LED strobes......low cost options that are VERY bright and not nearly as expensive as all of the other stuff out there. I'll search my email and post some links to what I purchased.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozerlarry View Post
    your law must be pretty forgiving up that way. Ride any kind of atv's down here on a road and you'll have plenty of strobes, all blue and all right behind you. I've seen some small yellow strobes in big truck supply places, seemed pretty cheap too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizted1 View Post
    Around here you could ride all day on the side of county roads. Just not on state roads. But you can cross them. I had to get the Argo tagged to be legal though. I don't even have to have the strobes or hazards. I just prefer them so I don't get run over.
    Just for fun I looked up Florida's Atv laws. Your state hates atvs.
    LMBO all blue and right behind you, that's kinda how it is here. Troopers don't want ATVs on "MY blankety blankin roads" but if it were legal I can definitely agree it's better to be seen not squashed! Now I'm curious though, might be time to look into just what is legal, I know you can legally ride side by sides on public roads... after you spend a few grand putting street grips, insurance, license plates, and a full set of DOT lights on them.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

If I took it in town it may not go over so well. I live in a huge farming community. The country roads here are patrolled my Sheriff's deputies. And as long as your getting out of the way of traffic and not tearing up anything, they don't care.
    Here is Ohio aatv law. I do have this machine tagged.

"Although not recommended by the 4-H ATV Safety Program, Ohio law permits ATV operators to:

operate off and alongside a street or road for limited distances from the point of unloading to the point of the intended operating pathway.
    operate on the berm or shoulder of a road when the terrain permits such operation to be undertaken safely and without the necessity of entering any traffic lane.
    cross a highway whenever the crossing can be made safely and will not interfere with the movement of traffic in any direction, and provided the operator yields the right-of-way to any approaching traffic."
    ATV's (All-Terrain Vehicles) in Ohio, AEX-597-05

As far as lights, I am allowed them as long as they are not red or blue.

Too many rules nowadays.

Too many rules nowadays.
    I agree. Only rules should be common sense ones. Like stay out of people's way going faster than you and don't tear up other people's property.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Too many rules nowadays.
    I agree. Only rules should be common sense ones. Like stay out of people's way going faster than you and don't tear up other people's property.
    Yep, and the rule makers just keep making more. But It has never been legal here to ride an unlicensed vehicle (other than agricultural equipment) on roads or public ROW. I guess they're just trying to protect the stupid ones. Which btw, is EXACTLY why there are so many of us these days.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Great points...........but good luck getting that past the powers that be

+ Reply to Thread