Best fuel shut off

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best fuel shut off

Best fuel shut off

Having problems with my shut off failing and leaking fuel into carb/engine when its off for long periods.

The original one was broken so I put one that fit dash ok but I don't trust anymore.

What do you recommend? I did not find any old threads on this subject.

pic of one I have now:
    fob/key - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

All I have is a simple in-line valve right up next to the gas tank. Picked it up at O'Reillys for a few dollars. I just shut it off and let the machine idle itself out of fuel when I want to store it; I haven't had any problems so far. Not sure if you'll be able to put one in in an easily accessible place on your machine though.
    Meep Meep

I've got several from Amazon.com, they are standard in line, plastic, fuel cut offs made for B&S, Kohler, etc., I think I get 10 for $10 w/shipping. They work fine for amphib atvs.

Thanks for replies, I could not find any other dash types so I put a new same kind in and put one of those inline valves you guys speak of at back near engine to shut of when it sits for a long time.
    I am wondering if I just didn't turn off all the way because old one test just fine on bench.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I had the same valve on my racer last year and it let fuel through no matter what way I turned it. I ended up putting another one on. I guess they are just cheap and some work and some don't.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    I had the same valve on my racer last year and it let fuel through no matter what way I turned it. I ended up putting another one on. I guess they are just cheap and some work and some don't.
    Yeah there cheap, I would rather pay more and get good parts any day.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I use the plastic ones 1 shut off near the tank then filter another filter by engine then another shut off by fuel pump. You hardly spill any gas if you remove the gas line for any reason. had mine on the front 5 years very seldom do i shut it off. I start the 6x6 every 2 weeks
    GOOD LUCK ANDYMAN
    GOOD JOKES LATELY

+ Reply to Thread