Trailer to Haul Argo 8x8 - Build Thread

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trailer to Haul Argo 8x8 - Build Thread

Nice looking project. You got me thinking about my trailer along the lines of putting a shield with a little different twist. I think I would put a strut down to the tongue ( clamp around the tube steel, welding there will weaken it ) and a steel connector of some type to attach to the winch mount or crash bar to secure the front of the argo, no ice and snow up there and two straps on the back for tension because loads on trailers tend to move backwards. By the way, akcrawler nailed it, Ideas are easy doing takes more effort lol.

folding shield would be a cool idea, just more work than I needed to do since I don't really ever plan to use the trailer without argo. besides, I have noticed my gas mileage is about 13-15 without trailer, and 10-12 with. Crappy either way.

folding supports in the back under the trailer might be nice, but they would have to be adjustable, to account for different heights depending on the terrain you are parked on. Its never perfectly flat. Couple that with the jeep sitting higher or lower than the trailer depending on terrain, and that affects the height of the rear of the trailer. So, for now I'll just jack stands since they are adjustable. Otherwise, I know i'd weld some support under there, and the first time I arrived at my cabin, I'd be sitting 1/2" lower and not be able to unfold them all the way....

Quote Originally Posted by tattooman View Post
    I took two weldable d rings and welded the on the back of my trailor about 16" to either side of where the hitch on my max rides. I use a chain that I run over my hitch. Chain is secure with a clevis to both d rings. I use one d ring in the front. I drilled a hole in my winch plate. I run a single strand of chain from plate to trailor bed. My machine doesn't move much at all. I don't ever worry about straps any more. I have had straps break in the past, not anymore. I think your ramps are a great idea!
    yeah, I am hoping to upgrade to chains and load binders soon. straps are PITA when you get to your destination and they are covered in slush and ice, and its 0deg outside.

+ Reply to Thread