New Chains

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Chains

New Chains

Hey all, just ordered new chains for max, wondering what to use to clean them before I put chain lube/saver to them...I can see they are shipped covered with some protective solution on them...any thoughts?

Are thay O,Ring chain ? I would just spray them down with WD40 and then lube them up. Or you could soak them in Gear oil after you get them the length for a day then put them on. Its messy but works. Years ago when we ran Hair scrambles on bikes we use to melt perafin wax with gear oil and soak the chain in it till it cooled and then put it on the bike. The wax kept the oil in and dirt and water out. But that was long before O,Ring chain !

hey wedge, i put a notice up that i've tried about 4 different lubes recommended by off road riders. so far ''dupont chain saver '' seems the very best. good luck,and have fun !! john boy va.

thanks wedge, they are O ring, little oily so not sure if a second chem would harm anything...i took your advice from another post Johnboy, i'll be using dupont...thanks guys

Hi. Which brand of chain did you buy?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I got Omega, 530 O ring(52,116,122 pin). I got the 52 from Max and the others on amazon...fairly cheap on amazon, makes me suspicious. Wasn't sure if i should clean them before i put a good lube on them or not...?

If it is actual Omega chain then it will be very good quality chain. My Max IV came wih this chain if I remember correctly. Its the chain the factory used at the time. I don't know what brand is used now though. Thanks for sharing.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread