Pull Pal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pull Pal

Pull Pal

Since I will be using my Kid for deer hunting in the marsh, I wanted a Pull Pal in case I get stuck. After pricing them and recovering from sticker shock, I got out the Mig welder and made my own. I have about $50 in metal and hardware invested. Built it to the Jeep size. Used a cultivator blade for the digging part. Might have to tweek it a bit but it should get me out of the muck. By the way after getting stuck last week I have decided to get a set of Adair tracksDSCN0175.jpgDSCN0176.jpgDSCN0177.jpg on my Kid.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Nice work there

U.P. of Michigan full time as of 9/1/2017

pull pal

OLD, like your design. Is that 1" square tube? could you post the material dimensions thanks drb
    Last edited by drb; 06-16-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: wrong user name

Danforth boat anchor works well too. Have a friend who uses one & was with him when he used it with his Polaris 6x6 side by side Ranger (since replaced with an argo). Works well in Alaskan tundra. Pretty inexpensive, especially at yard sales :-)

DRB, Sorry for not responding to your inquiry...... haven't been monitoring this post. I used 11/4" square tubing with 3/16" wall thickness. This should be strong enough for even my 2200 lb. Kid. As for dimensions I patterned it after the Jeep sized Pull-pal. I believe it is important to duplicate the angle of the Pull-pal in order to achieve the vectoring forces needed to make the unit dig in properly. By the way I have used the boat anchor and they do work. I like the fact that my unit folds up and fits in a chair bag and stores nicely in my Kid. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread