video camera for aatv filming

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: video camera for aatv filming

video camera for aatv filming

wondering what the easiest and least expensive vid camera for filming at busco,etc. anyone recommends. something that is pretty easy to download on to this site. thanks, johnboy va.

John amazon.com has 1080p action cams on for as little as 49.00 , I just bought one very similar up here for 89.00 (we pay double n of the border) and it works fine, plus the added bonus is that if you lose it in a mud hole your only out 49 as opposed to a couple hundred if you had bought a gpro.

Just be careful with action cams / go pros. They are perfect for catching action from the first person perspective IE from dash board view. But they are terrible at filming other people doing stuff. The reason is they have fish eye lenses that makes anything more than 20 feet away appear much further away and thus much smaller than they actually are. Unless your planning on mounting your camera to a roll bar and only catching the action your AATV sees I’d get a cheap point and shoot digital camera. All digital cameras these days come with HD video recording and have image stabilization as well as great zoom to capture action wherever it happens.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:50 PM.

i don't want one for mounting on the max, but for filming others or someone ( probably ruth ) filming me. something easy to load on here for others to watch. johnboy

p.s. any brands or models in particular ? j.b.

I don’t like suggesting things I haven’t used. My best experience is with one of these
    https://www.amazon.com/Casio-EX-ZR20...PBPVMJ1FX12YJS

I am an armature photographer. And have a host of 35mm traditional cameras and DSL-Rs

Years ago I wanted a small point and shoot that could do everything my DSL-Rs could that I could also slip in a pocket. After months of research the EX-ZR200 was chosen. This little camera has only impressed me and quite frankly it does so well I haven’t even looked at cameras since I got it 7 years ago.

It films all the way down to 1,000 frams per second or 40x slow motion under bright light. It’s image stabilization and zoom will have you IDing jumbo jets at cruising altitude or reading license plates at 500 yards! Sound is good, video is crisps. It has outlived many memory cards, drops, rain storms. It’s battery last so long I’m pretty sure I have gone an entire year without charging it.

I don’t know if you can find a used one or if Casio makes something comparable today for the price.

As far as uploading videos. All cameras are going to save pretty much in the same format and just need to get dragged and dropped into Youtube and linked.

thanks, good suggestions. will start looking around. would enjoy filming at busco and add to everyones viewing pleasure. johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread