New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 722 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Hello. I picked up my first Attex on Wednesday from patb069. It was his 300D and after a long drive it is safely back in West Virginia. It was the first time I met Pat and he is a great guy. He took the time to go over the machine completely with me and even replaced the battery with a brand new one before I arrived. I did take it for a ride before I had to get back to work and it was great. Now I can't wait for the next set of days off. To quote my wife " You just looked like you were having to much fun." I look forward to chatting with you all and learning about Attex. Thanks again to Pat, he represents everything this site is about and the quality people on it.

Jay
    Ok! Now we have a ride on October 9-11 at Busco Beach. That would be a good time to test that new machine out and meet a bunch of member. Be glad to have you ride with us. If you can make it these are a great bunch of guys and girls

Red face why you ask

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Got to tell me why a ford jirl is buying a Passat ?
    im buying it cause its free and i cant find a good ford truck thats in working condition at a decent price, and its only my first car. If anyone finds anything let me know. send me a private message.
    Katie

I can't sleep!

My name is Trever and i live in belmont county ohio. I finially got my first 6X6 Hustler 980. It runs and moves needs tires for sure. I hear lots of clunking chains are for sure way loose......not sure where to begin gettin this thing sea worthy. Hope you all can lead me towards some fun rides this winter! Maybe I will find someone close to me that can help me learn

Quote Originally Posted by treverds View Post
    My name is Trever and i live in belmont county ohio. I finially got my first 6X6 Hustler 980. It runs and moves needs tires for sure. I hear lots of clunking chains are for sure way loose......not sure where to begin gettin this thing sea worthy. Hope you all can lead me towards some fun rides this winter! Maybe I will find someone close to me that can help me learn
    wow another 980 owner.
    Congrate on the purchase!
    Hope it works out well for you. The are a neat machine.

treverds,,,

Welcome to the amphibious forum. Good luck with the Hustler 980. Hustler 980,s are getting harder and harder to find. With some 26 inch , Interco, ASX tires installed on a Hustler " Bigfoot "980, it becomes one awesome mud machine.

well a friend of mine is selling me what i believe is a 1970 scrambler,it has a 14hp motor I would like it to be a project for me and my son to work on together,clean it up do repairs get it running throw some paint on it and just have a blast with it.how can i find more information on them on buying parts would be a great start thanks talk to all later "Redman"

Welcome to the site. For your scrambler, whenever you find what parts you need, just post here in the wanted section. You may be surprised at what you can find from the members here. Lots of parts can be purchased from your local auto parts / bearing supply stores. If you need specialty parts someone here can point you in the right direction if you know what you are looking for.

Have fun!

what do i need to check on this thing first. How do I tell if bearings are bad or should i just see how it drives. I want to keep from breaking things that arent broke. Need some advice. Seems like someone coated everything in grease instead of using chain lube am having a hard time cleaning it already went through 35 dollars in degreaser and it still isnt close to clean. I think I broke a chain adjuster on the right side primary tensioner that moves the sprocket up and down. I will take some pictures so you guys can answer my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by treverds View Post
    what do i need to check on this thing first. How do I tell if bearings are bad or should i just see how it drives. I want to keep from breaking things that arent broke. Need some advice. Seems like someone coated everything in grease instead of using chain lube am having a hard time cleaning it already went through 35 dollars in degreaser and it still isnt close to clean. I think I broke a chain adjuster on the right side primary tensioner that moves the sprocket up and down. I will take some pictures so you guys can answer my questions.
    Hey trverds,
    You should fill out your profile so we can see what you have and where you live. To check bearing jack the machine up and start wiggleing axles.

Diesel/gas is cheaper then degreaser for big jobs, just be safe. I soak a rag/paper towel and start rubbing. High pressure washers helps to. If you dont have one take it to a self car wash. Pull it up on ramps and pull the drain plugs and wash away.

Talking Hello

Hi All,
    Just a quick intro. My name is Rick and I live in the upstate of South Carolina. My first experiance with a 6x6 was in 71 at 13 years old at a AMC dealer that sold Attex machines. My dad bought a car and I got a ride in the swamp out behind the dealership. Fast forward about 35 years.
    I have just aquired a 70's MaxII It needs a some work but it's all there and seems to be in pretty good shape. It has the 440 JLO engine in it not running as of yet (no spark) but I'll be tinkering on it today. I'm sure I'll have lots of "newbie" questions for you other 6x6 owners.
    Thanks for having me,
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread