New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 722 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 519 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

REFAK ,

Welcome to the 6x6 world forum.

Im a new member today

Hi guys; I found this place a little while ago, and it is quite informative. Ive had three six wheel Argos and two eight wheelers over the last ten years. I currently use a eight wheel Argo with a 17hp Kohler in it. This machine has double chains throughout and a blower to cool the brakes. Its the Industrial-Commercial model they built in about 1983, and currently has 260 hours on it. I live in Ontario and use it primarily for hunting and ice fishing.
    My motor is down on compression and Im trying to decide to either rebuild it or replace it with a different motor to get some more top speed out on the lake and more bottom end power in the bush. I don't ride it a whole lot anymore so Im not sure if putting a pile of hours into replacing motors is really worth the effort involved. I made a bracket and mounted a car alternator in it a few years ago to give me more charging power when winching, and I also installed two 6" driving lights that really light up the trail at night. The alternator works really good at keeping things charged up.
    Its neat reading about all the mods that some guys do to their machines, and I get some good ideas as well.

Welcome ringadingh,

I just got my first turn in the cockpit of a 6 and 8 wheeled Argo. They're very impressive machines.

George
    Banned

Hello fellow 6 wheelers

I'm fairly new to the 6x6 world,although I've owned a 4 wheeler since 92.I've bought a 2007 Max11 last year and quickly customize it to suite my needs.After driving it for a week I decided to go from the sticks to a steering wheel,changing the 21" tires to 25",installing brake lights,2500lbs warn,tool box,roll bar with top & windshield,etc...Looking forward to learn stuff on this site.

ringadingh ,

Welcome to the forum. You,ll find lots of helpful advise here for your Argo thats for sure.

Killr ,

Welcome to the forum. Keep us all posted with pictures and video,s of the modifications that you do to your Max II.

Old Biker Trying ARGO'ING

Hey All!! Old Skool Biker here.......(a collection of 15 different Street Bikes)....just bought a 1979 Argo 8x8. It had a fire and burnt up the Engine (Tecumseh....BLAH!!!!!!)
    Currently installing a Smooth-Running Honda GX 390 in it (13 Horse).
    Been biking for Years.....decided to try off roading for a while.
    Today I pulled the Old Tecumseh. Problem is....the Honda I am installing need a Drive Belt 47 1/2 inches long now (because motor moved ahead). The original is 45 1/4 inches long.
    Figured I'd join up and figure out things about this Argo in the forums. Anybody know of a Drive Belt Supplier that might be able to fit my needs?

higherpower ,

Welcome to the amphibious forum. Good luck with the Argo 8x8 you just bought , and all the modifications you plan to do to it. Lots of Argo owners on this forum.

New member Air Bud

Saw on the front page to welcome our newest member Air Bud. So how about it Air Bud. Tell us a little about yourself.

Whipper

welcome aboard guys

Glad to have new members join the group, as i have said before this is a great group of people. Full of info and willing to share. Just had the pleasure to meet a few of the out of town members in person on the site and it was great. You will have to hook-up with some fellow members and do a ride, there is nothing like it. There is a thread that explains how to put you and your machine on the map so fellow members can find you.

Until then
    Lewis

Hey all.

I've recieved so much information here just reading the posts that I'm amazed.
    I will soon be the owner of a 1998 Max IV with a 20 hp motor. I've ridden dirt bikes, quads and look forward to trying out this new format. I'm 46 yrs old, I was a machinist for 15 yrs, and now bottle water for Deer Park. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

+ Reply to Thread