New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 722 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello from South Dakota. I'm Mark and I found this wonderful site last night, while researching what 6x6 I just bought. Seems I may be the proud owner of a Attex ST/295 (after comparing to ones I found in the photo galleries). I'm sure to learn a lot from here and I hope to do what I can to contribute to a great community.

Thanks
    Mark

Mark,

Welcome to the site! Attexes are GREAT machines. Post up some pictures of it when you get it and we'll help you get it up and running. Looking forward to it!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hi

Just sold a 1935 Austin Seven Mk1 Ruby and bought my first AATV, a Max IV. I'm based in the south of England and responsible for the wildlife habitats over 13000acres of mainly marsh and reedbed and I'm fed up with getting the Discovery stuck!
    My duties include controlling the fox population so this is going to make a fantastic gun bus and hide.
    Would be good to hear from any other UK based members to locate parts etc.
    Drooper

Hi Drooper, welcome to the site. Have fun "working" with your Max IV. .

First of all, awesome site. I bought an Attex a few months ago and have been checking out the site ever since. I've been a mechanic since i was 16 (i'm 41 now) working on everything from weed wackers to tractor trailers and everything in between. Except for AATVs. I always wanted one but never had a chance to buy one. I never saw many in my area and when i would they'd either not be for sale or the owner would want crazy money for it. So a few months ago i sold a 2x4 quad to buy a 4x4 quad. Well the guy sold the 4x4 before i got to it so i got on craigslist to find another. I came across an old Attex for $500, same price i sold my quad for and the same price the other guy wanted for the 4x4. I know some of you saw the craigslist ad because there were posts about it. It was the one where the guy said he had no pics and don't even ask for them. Well I went to go look at it and he turned out to be a decent guy and for the price it was something i could live with so we loaded it in my truck and I brought it home. I don't know exactly what it is. The previous owner said it is a 1970 or 71. It has stickers on the side that say ST/400/R. The engine cover is made of expanded steel (wire mesh), the exhaust exits on the left behind the rear tire, it has a 7000 series transmission and the plate type frame (not channel) I think the engine was replaced, it's a KEC 400 (made for CCW). The motor mount looks homemade and the engine sits high in the body. It's a fan cooled engine but the shrouds are missing and the small stud on the starter is broken off. The wiring is also hacked up. I have a Rotax 377 out of a ski doo that i am going to put in it since i know it runs and will be alot easier than finding the parts to make the 400 right. I finally got the Attex in my garage today and pulled the engine out and down below looks like the original motor mounts at about a 45 degree angle which match the mounts on the Rotax. The "homemade" mount is just flat steel with slots cut in it to adjust the belt and mounted about 6 to 8" higher than the original looking mounts. Look for more threads with lots of questions. Time for me to look at more pics of Attexs. Thanks for the great site. Matt from PA.

The KEC/CCW400 is the correct factory engine for an ST/400/R. This was the racing model that Attex made, and you're right it's most likely a 1970 model. Welcome to the site. There are a lot of Attex owners on here and we'd be happy to help you get it up and going. Also, there are a lot of members in the northeast, so you should come and join us for some of our AATV rides......you'll have a blast!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hello everyone. I'm benji from Indianapolis. I'm a multimedia artist and touring VJ, and have a 2000 Max Iv. So far I've installed dual bilge pumps, low profile amber LED interior lights, extra 12v outlets... Etc...ready to install heat, seat, battery, and trolling motor mods...

Seems to be a great community, glad to join.

Cheers

Welcome to the Site Subdued. 6x6 World - Amphibious ATVs 6x6 and 8x8 max argo attex hustler terra tigers and more is truly the best forum ever!! Looks like you started already with the fun.
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Just traded for the 1989 Swamp Fox in Anchorage Alaska. Guy says it is a one of a kind, 8X8. My first of any kind of wheeler. Old motocross, enduro motorcycle guy that did not take care of his body and now wants to sit and ride. This thing needs some TLC and the winters in AK are long so I have the time. Unsure of the transmission and related drive train so could use some help. It looks like an extended swamp fox. Can see where fiberglass was extended to add extra axle. Looking for a Swamp Fox Manual for some info. Great to be aboard.
    Santa

That 8x8 Swamp Fox has been bought and sold quite a few times up there in AK over the past 5 years or so. If I remember correctly it has the T-20 transmission like many other AATVs do, and it also had a high/low speed gearbox mated to it. This one is red with 23x10.50x12" wheels and tires......just like the ones on a garden tractor. These tires will ride very rough, but they'll last a long time. Post up some pictures if you get a chance and take a look here at some T-20 articles to give you an idea on how they work here:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...build-how.html

+ Reply to Thread