New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 722 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi! Just bought a "88 Argo Magnum - first one ever - so I'll need some help from the forum - Thanking everyone in advance

Hi all
    After lurking, reading, learning, learning and learning for months, it's time to introduce myself on this great site! I'm originally from northern Ontario, moved to the banana belt in 1990. Bought my first used argo last spring (a 6x6) after wanting one since I was a young kid, about 40 years ago. Our neighbour at that time was an AmphiCat dealer and is responsible for planting the AATV seed in a young boy's mind. I spent years with off-road motorcycles, specifically observed trials bikes. Through high school and for awhile afterwards, worked as a snow cat operator/mechanic and figured I would eventually have my own used Thiokol Packmaster or Pisten Bully. But that makes no sense around here in southern Ontario where having a place to use one of those vehicles is more or less non-existent. About 18 months ago I was bitten by the bug in a big way after I saw one of Rock Doctor's videos of deep snow fun in an argo. The versatility of being able to use an argo year 'round really appealed to me. Then when it dawned on me that with tracks on it I would basically have my own mini-snowcat, it was only a matter of time! A new argo is a bit out of reach, so I watched kijiji for months, teaching myself what to expect in the used argo market. Finally found a deal I couldn't pass up. Then, about 4 months after getting my 6x6, I purchased a used 8x8. Both were found close to home which was a bonus. Both now have supertracks, although I have not put them on the 8x8 yet. I've rebuilt the driveline in both units and am very pleased with how well these things work. I'm having a great time with them. I have learned a lot from this site - there is a wealth of information here, and many great people as well. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge-you've been very, very helpful. Cheers!

Hi Muddyriver71, welcome to the site. For the wiring diagram, look in the manual section of the site here: Max Wiring Diagrams. Also, use the search here on the site and you should be able to find some threads on the topic. Here are a couple to get you started:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...g-diagram.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...-ignition.html

Lazyrider, welcome (officially) to the site.

olargo, it's good to have you here as well

Thanks Mike - it's great to be here.

New here. I remember when Popular Mechanics ran their first comparison on 6x6,8x8, coots and Pugs

Always enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by jabezkin View Post
    New here. I remember when Popular Mechanics ran their first comparison on 6x6,8x8, coots and Pugs

Always enjoyed them.
    I love those old Popular Mechanics with the 6 wheeler test articles from the 60's and 70's! I collected a bunch of them from garage sales and swap meets. You can find some more interesting literature here:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...iterature.html

Welcome to the site!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

well I hope to be an owner of a 6x6 this weekend.I made an deal for an 6x6 hustler sidewinder,if the deal don't fall through.I live here in Idaho and do a lot of ice fishing and uesd a snow machine and fell through at the edge, everything was ok just a couple of feet deep still had to pull it up on shore.That,s when I started looking.I'll have to some work on this and look foward to any input on my journey

seabear6x6

Quote Originally Posted by seabear6X6 View Post
    well I hope to be an owner of a 6x6 this weekend.I made an deal for an 6x6 hustler sidewinder,if the deal don't fall through.I live here in Idaho and do a lot of ice fishing and uesd a snow machine and fell through at the edge, everything was ok just a couple of feet deep still had to pull it up on shore.That,s when I started looking.I'll have to some work on this and look foward to any input on my journey

seabear6x6
    If it falls through I have a very nice max IV for sale with the 23 hp vanguard already installed.

Hi seabear6x6, welcome to the site. Good luck with acquiring the Hustler.

I am a newbie to the 6x6 world, but I have been riding 3 & 4 wheelers my entire life. My grandfather and I bought a pair of 6x6's in need of restoration last weekend. His is as Hustler and mine is a ATTEX SUPERCHIEF 500. He will use his on the farm and I plan to play in the mud when the lake is drained in the winter months. I hope to meet some local riders here in East Tennessee. Also, I hope to pick up some useful knowledge to restore/repair our new "projects". I will begin building our house as soon as the weather allows so it may be a while before I can start on mine though. I am anxious to begin because I always enjoy spending time with my grandfather and I now have a son of my own to share a new hobby with. I see good times ahead! Happy riding everyone.

+ Reply to Thread