New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 722 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 546 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by hippie View Post
    Hello all. I am proud owner of 1970's Scrambler which I am learning about. It had motor re-built and sat for 3 years before I got it. Not in to bad shape and even got motor to crank over and sounded good for short time. (need to clean carbs I bet).
    I will be asking questions from time to time but right now just reading all post here on this great site to learn more. If you want to check out my photos they are at

hippie667 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks for having site such as this for us new owners.
    I have alway loved those scrambers but never own one. The first amphib I ever looked at buying was one and think it hooked me. It looked just like yours with the wheel and all. Welcome to the site.

Larry, The weight of these machines vary but anywhere from about 800 - 1600 is the norm. Yes they run directly on the tracks but like most rail equipment the rolling resistance is very low. I would think the typical 6-8 wheeler use would be harder on the drive line than a speeder would be.

Hello I am a new member and I figured I would introduce myself. My name is Tom and I am from Cape Cod, Ma. I have a Scrambler that I have been fighting with for some time now, working on it until I get aggrivated and then putting it away for a little while. Well I'm close on it now and the last time I stopped working on it was due to time and minor aggrivation. I got the engine running and rebuilt the carb and have it almost back together but I cannot find a solenoid for the started. I am not sure what kind of engine is in the scrambler, but according to Richard from 6x6 parts it is not the stock engine. In answer to the second question there are no numbers on the engine, i've checked. Pictures of my scrambler, the starter/solenoid in question, and the engine can be found at:

Ranchero1974/Scrambler - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm close to having it running after I solve this problem, I need to rethread a drain plug, lube up the chains, and take it out (hopefully) for it's maiden voyage. Any scrambler/knowledge/help/understanding/sympathy is appreciated in advance

Hi Tom. Welcome to the forum. You may be best posting the question in the engines forum. I don't know if thats a briggs or Techumseh or another 4-stroke, but there is a fan shroud that should go around the flywheel and direct the cooling air up and over the head. I'm hoping you have it, and it's just off, I see your carbs off too so I'm guessing you removed both. If your running it much like that (Without the front engine cover/fan shroud) you may find it overheats quick. Good luck, you have a great looking Scrambler there. (Seriously, it looks like it has been very well maintained, at least the body)
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Thumbs down New member

Joined a while back to be able to read. I have read alot. I live in Alaska, my primary ride is my airboat wouldn't trade it for anything. I had a max lV years ago sold it when I bought my first airboat. I now have a Argo big foot, honda four wheeler, 16.5' airboat automotive powered.

finnedandthefuryous

Welcome to the amphibious forum. Good luck restoring your Scrambler 6x6. Keep us all posted with video,s and pics.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I will try posting in the engine forum. Its currently apart, I have everything (carb, blowoff cover, air cleaner, gas tank etc.) cleaned up and labeled waiting to get back together. I will keep everyone posted

Smile Hi from Australia. what a great site.

G/day, my name is Jake. I live in a small town called Beverley in country Western Australia. I bought my 8x8 response 12 months ago . It was in a pretty sad condition, but is nearly finished now. I should have my first drive soon, just have to fit the new tyres. Will post pics as soon as its finished. Have a great day. Jake.

Hey Jake!!!
    Welcome to the site!!!! Look forward to see pictures of your rig!!!

Thanks Joe, dont think we have too many 6 or 8 wheelers in Australia so i will probably be asking a lot of questions. Jake.

+ Reply to Thread