New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 722 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 519 569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello all. Glad to be the new owner of a Max IV.

I'm a retired Army dude and live and work in L.A., lower Alabama near Ft Rucker. My family and I own more 4 wheelers than we can ride as well as having jet skis to play with when the weather is nice.

The Max IV I bought needs work and I've been on here researching repairs already and have found a bunch of good advice. I think and hope this forum can provide the expert advice that I'm sure I'll need eventually.

Just glad to be here.....

Quote Originally Posted by rickemd1 View Post

I'm a retired Army dude and live and work in L.A., lower Alabama near Ft Rucker. My family and I own more 4 wheelers than we can ride as well as having jet skis to play with when the weather is nice.

The Max IV I bought needs work and I've been on here researching repairs already and have found a bunch of good advice. I think and hope this forum can provide the expert advice that I'm sure I'll need eventually.

HOOAH!!!! Welcome to the site, Ft. Stewart, Georgia here! If you have any problems with repairs, just give a holla! Your going to love your Max IV!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by rickemd1 View Post

Welcome Rick, I'm about 80 miles South of you at Crestview. Not too many of us 6 wheel guys down here. Be sure to make Boggs and Boulders when you can.

My name is Matt, and I am located in Mississippi. My duck hunting buddy and I recently purchased two Hustler 6 X 6's. From browsing this site, I believe they are 950's. Mine still has the 18HP engine, his has been changed to a 20HP. Mine is currently not running, because the previous owner tried wiring in a new key switch. I plan on totally rewiring the machine this weekend, and then I will determine what other parts I need to getting her running top notch once again. My first question is where can I find parts for these older machines? I know I am going to need a new throttle cable and the parking cable is also broken. I am so excited and ready to start this new project, but I also like doing things right the first time. This is going to be so much fun. I will post some pics after I get some loaded to my computer.

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. Most of the parts can be sourced locally. Bearings, chain, sprockets, etc are fairly standard parts. Same with the small engines, wiring, ignition, etc. For throttle cables, if you will search the site for custom throttle cable, there are a couple of threads that will point you to some options like sourcing them from a local bicycle store. You can also post an ad in the wanted section of the site.

Excellent information Mike. I am going to tackle the wiring and getting it running this weekend, if all goes well. I am anxious to get it out and play with it, but I want to make sure it's right first.

hello everyone, im rob in the Edmonton area. my interests lay in tracked vehicles, that being said does anyone know of a passé partout ppt in the Edmonton area for sale?

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum!

Hello My name is Michael Just bought a 1996 model max IV have already had some problems but thanks to this forum I have been able to resolve them pretty easy.

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum . I'm glad you got your Max IV running again. Have fun with it!

+ Reply to Thread