New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 475 of 722 FirstFirst ... 375 425 465 473 474 475 476 477 485 525 575 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Big Mike, kcattexal1, and Sherman802, welcome to the forum. As you see, our group is growing everyday, which means so is the knowledge available here. Thanks for signing up, and can't wait to read your contributions. BTW, we love to see pics and videos of members machines.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Mike, kcattexal1 and Mike, welcome to the forum.

New Argo vanguard II owner, this is my first 6x6, 16hp BS, it's in great shape but has zero upgrades so I'm starting into accessories and mods, I live near Charlotte, NC on lake Norman, already been in the water a couple times after I ordered the 5/8" plugs, have installed an additional LED light and 12v power outlet, have a bilge pump kit yet to install (just in case, zero leakage so far), picked up a 2.5hp Merc 4 stroke outboard today, have on order: trailer hitch kit, motor mount, motor mount support bracket, rear handrails, and a tie down kit, planning on winch and brush guard soon, and maybe tracks later on. I hunt and own 111, and 12 acre tracts, I've never owned a 4 wheeler, it's either two wheels or 6+ for my ATVs , I always wanted one of these since I first saw one as a kid, finally at 46 I own one, looking forward to learning from and sharing with the community here

Welcome gaustin70, congrats on the new machine, there are quite a few members down in that area should you opt to use the machine recreationally. Busco Beach in Goldsboro is a large site event where many members could be met.

Welcome gaustin70, Big Mike, kcattexal1, and Sherman802

Hey all....name is Morgan, although I don't have an aatv yet I feel I'm getting close. Have always wanted one and I think the time is right. I live in Alton, IL just about 30 min north of St Louis, MO. Hope there are some members that are nearby. I have an 11 year old son that can't wait to go for a trail ride. Looking forward to participating in this well put together forum.

Update.....now a proud owner of a Swamp Fox.
    Last edited by autobon7; 03-28-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Welcome Morgan. This is a great site filled with alot of good people. When you finally get a machine the forums, how to sections, and various posts will be a great source of info for you. Best of luck.

Hi All,
    I have been searching the 6x6 forum for awhile. Have used the suggestions on here to find an argo...and here it is?...Just picked up a new to me 1999 ARGO "240"hrs, it's name is toad and If anyone can tell me why it's this color I'd sure like to know! It has chain slapping going on but I don' know how much is too much, it came with tracks and I know it was used mostly with them on, so I'll need to get in and see how bad it really is....more forum searching to do for chain issues.

Thanks!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rck90; 03-14-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Welcome Rck90, nice looking unit you have there. As far as the color, my guess would be it is a commercial or utility companies color, is the upper body painted?

For chain slap there are adjusters under the floor pans that need periodic adjustment, remove the pans and jack up each side individually, counter rotate the 2nd through 4th tires so the tension is on top and pull up on adjusters, there is no adjuster for front chains so if there real loose they'll need replacing. The trans. chains are adjustable by loosing the cross bolts in the powerpack and adjusting the 2 3/8 bolts after removing the firewall.

If the machine has 300 or more hours check the axle bearing by pulling up and down on the tires.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 03-15-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Hey argojim, all one solid color no paint, makes since, with the yellow warning
    light on top. Being new to ARGO I think most of what I'm hearing is the adjusters hitting the
    Floor pans. I will take a better look tomorrow. I also have some popping out of gear
    Going on, so eventually I may need to pull the trans.
    I took the suggestion of add $1500 to the price to cover these cost.
    Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread