New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 485 of 722 FirstFirst ... 385 435 475 483 484 485 486 487 495 535 585 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone, I just picked up an 1997(?) Max II that seems like its in good shape. Rode it a few times and had a blast. I've been riding atvs and motorcycles for years but this is my first amphibious ASV ( that's what the DMV in Vermont calls them). Well my last outing I was playing in some mud and broke the shaft that goes into the transmission. I see that its a common problem and glad I found this site to help me when I start tearing into it. I will be using the Max mostly for light trail riding with my grandson and hunting and ice fishing. Love this site. Lot of good info. Thanks

Hi Green mtn max, welcome to the forum.

Hello gents, I have owned several dirt bikes and four wheelers over the years and I am now the new owner of a 2001 Max IV I purchased a few days ago. I'm really excited to learn about these 6X6 machines. Great site and looks like there is a wealth of information here to be had. I'm new to the 6 wheel machines so I'll be soaking up all the info I can get here. Thanks for the welcome guys!

Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Max IV.

Hi Guys, new member here. In a weak moment I just purchased 2 late 90's Max IVs. They've been sitting a while, and I want to drain the gas and replace the oil and filters before I start messing with them. Everything seems to be there, but now I'm debating on weather to sell one or both or start tearing into them. I thought one of them would make a good ice fishing vehicle w/ a set of tracks. Not sure what to do, somebody make up my mind.

Hi Coops, welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the twins. Keep them both if you're not in deep, makes for nice family fun, or let your buddy drive one. He'll want it and you could go out together.
    Drain the fluids, change the filters, check the bearings, lube everything and go.

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Congrats on the twins. Keep them both if you're not in deep, makes for nice family fun, or let your buddy drive one. He'll want it and you could go out together.
    Drain the fluids, change the filters, check the bearings, lube everything and go.
    Yep....What Jim said!
    Keep them both. ..
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Hi guys, will be officially joining the forums shortly, this weekend I’m out to pick up my fist 6x6, A 1980’s Action age Scrambler. I had a few hopefully quick questions before I make the plunge. I know the Transmissions in these are not up to snuff with the other guys, and the guy I am buying from says there is slip on steep hills. He also said the spindles need some TLC, but besides that it has a new 420cc motor, new belts, and new tires. I also asked if it floats and it says it’s perfectly water ready. From the pics it looks to be in pretty good shape and fully functional.

SO my questions are:

1.Is there any way to get slip out of the clutch or should I just be thankful it works in the first place?

2.If I take it slow will the axles be of usable strength or are they just junk on these scramblers?

Thanks!

Welcome allwheeldrive, the slip could be a little as a belt adjustment or major as having the drive discs relined. The axles will be fine ,if it is early with the friction discs on the axles at the sprockets they could be pinned/bolted. If the wheel adapters are just flat plates you may/will loose some of the small studs (atleast I did regularly).

+ Reply to Thread