New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 722 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 491 492 493 494 495 503 543 593 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello all. My name is Andy and am new to this forum. Thank god there is a place like this to get some info. I live in Upstate NY and own, live on around 35 acres. Have three boys
    (7-9-11) and yes they all have their toy's. Dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, dune buggy's. But recently I found a Attex st/300 on craigs list for $350.00. Looked at it and well, it's in
    the garage being torn down for a complete rebuild. Owner says it hasn't run in 10 yrs. Motor turns over, tranny turns and seems to operate without any dead spots in the bearings. Body is sun faded but no cracks, patches of any kind. Wish I could say the same for the axles. Not sure how to get them apart. Removed the three allen bolts that hold the bearings to the tub/frame but can't budge them. The other end of the axles have a square shape to them so I'm assuming they slide in through the sprocket tubes?
    Any assistance on this would be awesome. Thank You all in advance. Will get some photos to show the condition, progress soon.

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. That will be a fun project for you and your boys. The axle should slide through the sprocket tubes and the bearings but a lot of the time, they will be rusted so badly inside the sprocket tubes, that it makes it very difficult to get out. Start by soaking everything in a penetrating fluid like PB Blaster. You may have to try a slide hammer on the axle to get them to break free from the sprocket tubes. If that doesn't work, a torch may be necessary. As a last resort, I have had to cut axles on occasion after not being able to get them free. Good luck with your rebuild. If you have any more questions just start a new thread in the Attex forum and someone should be able to help you out.

Hello. I just bought a 1970 ish Argo 6 wheeler with argo tracks. Turns out all that was keeping it from running was plugged fuel line. Although it has other minor issues for an old girl it still runs. Payed $1100. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement starter motor for it. 399cc Kohler 2 stroke

Hi shepp, welcome to the forum. Have fun with your new Argo.

Hi everyone. I have a very nice 2002 max 2 I just got so I can cross my swamp and access the other side for hunting. I used to use an atv and had some bridges but still could'nt get across sometimes. Can anyone tell me the best way to get this thing off the ground so I can do the chain maintenence? Thanks

Welcome Johnny,

When jacking up on the body, use a piece of wood between the jack and body. You can put jack stands on the four corner axles between the wheel and body or put them under the tub with a board between them and the tub. You ably really have to get one side in the air at a time. Good luck.

Drew
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-11-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Hey All, I just picked up a Maki M28 that's a total basket case. Kind of an obscure amphibious Canadian made machine from the 70s. May need some help if there's anyone that has heard of or maybe have/had one of these??

Hi Maki Man, welcome to the forum.

Welcome creeper2u. Post a picture or email one to me and I'll post it for you. We are all interested in seeing rare machines or helping identify not so rare machines for new comers to the site.

+ Reply to Thread