New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 495 of 722 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 545 595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello from Vermont. Bought my 1st 6X6 yesterday, I've wanted one of these for nearly 40 years. Already burned up nearly 2 tanks of fuel today. I have two small ponds in front of my house, one is about a hundred ft long X 50 ft wide and only about a foot deep with nearly a foot of muck on the bottom (this is where I started this AM). The other is about 50' X 50' but nearly 8 ft deep and the max swims like a duck. I live in the middle of the woods so I have unlimited room to romp. This thing is a blast! Pics to follow.

Hi Don, welcome to the forum and to the world of amphibious ATV ownership. To start with I think I would go out and play with the Argo for a little while. That will let you get used to it and understand how everything works. Then, you can start by inspecting the bearings and chain for wear and replace those if necessary.

Hi Just bought what I was told is a 1993 Max 2. It didn't have a belt on it but it started it right up and ran nice. When I finally got the new belt for it I was all kinds of excited to try out this " new toy". I drove it around the back yard a few times and found the brake to steer thing interesting but it seemed to work in the grass but not on pavement. I am not that familiar with how these clutches worked but figured the primary one wasn't opening all the way so that the belt was always turning even at idle and the machine would creep forward. Before I hauled it 150 miles north for the real tryout I tried to free up the clutch a bit by lubing it with wd 40. When I tried to drive it up onto the trailer it wouldn't go up the ramps from a standstill, I had to get a running start to get up the ramps. Not being that bright as my wife likes to point out from time to time, that should have been a sign that something wasn't quite right bit I figured I just got a little lube on the belt and it would get better with some use. Fade to up north, drove the dirt roads a few times all seemed well, decided to go down a small hill and into about a 20 yard wide wet swampy area on my property. As I got to the bottom of the hill my brain kicked in and told me I should try to go backwards up the hill. No go. Next move was to go across the little swamp. I got 10 feet in and was stuck, engine would rev but wheels wouldn't turn forward or backwards. Needless to say my wife almost hurt her self laughing and videoing my walking thru the muck and water, pulling it out with the truck. Back on flat ground, went up and down the road til it broke the rear right chain. Wife was once again amused and commented while videoing me pushing the Max down the road that I could use that for my cardio for the day.
    Needless to say I'm going to be needing this forums advice starting now and in the future I would imagine, it seems like it will be a great machine once I learn a few things. ( how to fix it ) Clutches or transmission??? Thanks in advance.

We want to see the video, just kidding, not really though. This all seems par for the course of a new owner who boght a machine from someone who may have not known what he was doing(we hope).
    Check the home page in the manuals section on how to adjust your transmission bands, also check that your belt is the correct one. It should be sitting about 1/8-3/16 above the clutch when rested, the machine creeping could be a tight belt or a high idle.
    Try the band adjustment first as you have a new belt, show some pics of clutches and belt and someone while chime in as to what they see.

Also list engine, machine serial number so we know what you're dealing with. Oh and welcome to the site.

I think I found my problem the driven clutch ( on the transmission ? ) was missing the bolt and was pretty much just sitting on the shaft with nothing holding it, no key, no bolt. What kind of hardware holds this clutch to the transmission, Bolt size? washers ? Key? Thanks, I found this while trying to get the drive clutch off, it isn't opening all the way. Its the salsbury clutch. Also, when I slide the driven clutch onto the shaft on the transmission it is pretty sloppy now. Think the inside of the clutch hole got worn or the shaft on the tranny? Thanks in advance, I'm having way to much fun trying to figure things out. Oh, this is a 14 hp briggs vanguard and serial # 9991 on the machine.

Hi everyone, I ride a 2008 Argo Avenger in the mountains on Vancouver Island. Been watching this site for a few days now and find the info outstanding. Buddy just showed up to help make Indian Candy Mmmmmm so gotta go but I'll be back.

Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum. It's good to have you here.

I bought an 8 wheel argo (93 magnum)last fall,played with it during hunting season to find out if I would like it before sinking money into it....I like it.This summer I replaced all bearings including idlers and now I'm putting in new chains,I also installed a winch and rop.Its a learning experience but well worth it as i would feel very comfortable to fix in case of breakdowns.Thanks to this website for pics and info as it helped me out quite a bit.Im new to posting and these forums so if this post is in wrong spot I apologise.Eventually I'll get pics up.

Welcome to 6x6world,your in the right place to say Hi

[QUOTE=Firefighter1237;172635]Its a learning experience but well worth it as i would feel very comfortable to fix in case of breakdowns.

This is a key factor in the "hobby".

Firefighter1237, welcome to the site.

+ Reply to Thread