New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 722 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi. Just bought a used amphicat. 1973 model 0079. I put new tires on it. My kids have been having a blast riding it. At least until it broke. Now in the process of fixing it. It is in pieces in my garage now. May get it back together tomorrow.

Jim

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum.

Hello, I am looking for some help. I just picked up a 1970? scrambler model 1000 i am trying to remove the three bolt wheel hub. I have removed the one roll pin. But know matter whatI try I can not get the wheel hub off the axle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site swkkevin, try some heat, if no heat pdblaster is a tool everyone should have. Hopefully you don't have to cute it. Again welcome.

Hello everone just wanted to say thank you for my add and hope to buy an Argo soon so im in middle of learning more about them cause I am done getting stuck in mud so much on the hunting land so any info you can send or tell me about what to look for would be great to know

Hi wesley, welcome to the forum. Good luck in your hunt for an Argo.

NEWBIE from Illinois/Michigan

I've got a '95 Max II I've had for about 6 years. Over the past 6 years I've rebuilt the transmission, bearings, chain tensioners, throttle, electrical system, and the like. Also added a 6-point roll cage. My kids love it, as do I. Motor is a relatively new Kawasaki that will run forever. The only thing holding me back from using this machine full time up at my cabin near Muskegon is that no matter what I've done, I simply cannot get the front and rear tires to hold a bead.

I've bought new K-rims from Richard's Relics, had the tires glued to the rims, etc... but every time they break the bead after the first run. I'm sure many of this forums members run their machines a lot wilder than I do, so I am puzzled about what to do to remedy this situation. I believe these are the original Goodyear Rawhide III's that have probably been with this machine since '95. Wondering whether the tires are simply old and the beads are brittle and need to be replaced. I run this machine primarily in sand and don't need anything super-aggressive.

Looking for suggestions on:
    1. Do I need new tires?
    2. Do I need bead-lock rims?
    3. Which tires/rims would you recommend?

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. First, are you sure you have K-lock wheels? Do they look like these:

If you do have K-lock wheels, something else is wrong because many members run those with 0-3 PSI and have no problem with the beads popping off. So that would lead me to the tires. It's possible that they are just old and have damaged beads that are preventing them from staying on the rim but before I just threw the tires away, I would check one other thing. When seating the tire on the wheel, it's not uncommon for tire shops to think the tire is seated but not have it 100% over the wheel's bead and in the channel that traps the tire's bead. If this happens, it's easy to knock them back off. This happened to me the first time I purchase k-locks and had the tires mounted. Now I mount all of the tires myself just to make sure they are on the bead. It sometimes takes a lot of pressure to get them to pop over the wheel's bead.

The way you can tell if they are properly seated is to pull the core of the valve stem out so that all of the air is removed from the tire. Once that happens, push the tire near the wheel with your hand and work your way around the wheel to make sure it doesn't come off. You will be able to tell if it isn't seating properly. Then air back up. Check that first and go from there.

Good luck.

Mike,

Not sure if my last reply made it thru to you. First - thanks for your message. Very helpful.

I think my rims are original to the MAX II (K-Locks?). The rims that were unseating regularly were the two rear rims, so I purchased a pair of new "BEAD LOCK" steel rims from Richard's Relics. They do look like the aluminum rim in the epic you sent. Same problem occurred so perhaps it is the tire shop that is not seating them properly, as you mentioned.

The machine is up in Michigan, and I live in Illinois, so I am only able to get there infrequently - hence not a lot of time to trouble-shoot. If I have to spend the money on new tires or rims (true bead-locks?) I will. The machine has been sitting for almost 2 years unused, and I'd like to use it duck hunting this fall.

What do you think I should do next?

Tom

Hi, I'm Rudy. From kitchener, Ontario area (close to Argo headquarters). I just bought a 1988 Argo Magnum 8x8 I/C. From what I understand, I/C stands for industrial/commercial. It has double chains, and heavy duty rear axle bearing holders, kind of like a Conquest.

It needs all new bearings. I plan on splitting the tub and taking everything apart, painting, fixing, and putting it all back together, sealed . The engine, the original M18 Kohler, needs some love. It has just over 1000 hours on it, and hasn't been taken care of the last while. The guy I got it from said the rings are stuck, so it smokes like crazy and hasn't much power. It is a bit of a chore to try to keep things moving when trying to turn.

So, I'll have to see if I can get this engine going proper, or I might just have to put a little Kubota or yanmar in it. I found a guy locally with some old reefer units, which he is selling for $400 each. Any of you guys have experience with reefer engines? I've heard some of them only run one speed, unless you can find the proper parts, and some are governed at 2200 rpm. We shall see what further research turns up.

+ Reply to Thread