New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 500 of 722 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 498 499 500 501 502 510 550 600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakker View Post
    Mike,

Not sure if my last reply made it thru to you. First - thanks for your message. Very helpful.

I think my rims are original to the MAX II (K-Locks?). The rims that were unseating regularly were the two rear rims, so I purchased a pair of new "BEAD LOCK" steel rims from Richard's Relics. They do look like the aluminum rim in the epic you sent. Same problem occurred so perhaps it is the tire shop that is not seating them properly, as you mentioned.

The machine is up in Michigan, and I live in Illinois, so I am only able to get there infrequently - hence not a lot of time to trouble-shoot. If I have to spend the money on new tires or rims (true bead-locks?) I will. The machine has been sitting for almost 2 years unused, and I'd like to use it duck hunting this fall.

What do you think I should do next?

Tom
    Where in Michigan Tom?
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Hi, All.
    I am new to the 6x6 world...recently purchased a 1996 Max IV and have been having a blast mucking around. No major issues thus far - the starter seems to be hit or miss, but the pull start has not failed. Need to poke around to try to diagnose the issue...would appreciate some information on where to go to order parts at a reasonable price.
    Thanks in advance.
    Brendan

Twin Lake, near Muskegon.

I work at mudd-ox max. So I know a few things. I had my first max 2 when I was 13 teen. My dad bought back in 1983.I was like 6. I just restored It for my dad. And he loves it

Hi James, welcome to the forum.

I live in south central VA and am in my 40's. When I was 4 years old, my dad and I went to a tire shop. As he was getting a tire plugged, I noticed an interesting atv sitting off to the side. It was an early 6x6. Since that time, I have wanted a 6x6 but couldn't justify the cost of a newer one. Recently, I did some horse-trading and got a late 90's MAX IV in great shape. So...after nearly 40 years, I'm going up and down the hills and through the creeks on my property and loving it!!! I've had dirt bikes, and I'm getting ready to sell my old 5 wheel John Deere Gator now that I have the MAX. I love its simplicity and tough construction. My only wish is that I had a little more leg room; at 6'5" my knees press against the dash. But I can live with it.

Hi cdhaze, welcome to the forum and congratulations on finally getting your 6x6. I'm 6'2" and I struggle with leg room in a stock Max IV as well. Many members either move the front seat back some or install a single suspension seat in the front. The bench seat is easy to move. Just a thought. Hope you continue having fun with your Max.

dirtbee here 17 year Navy Seabee, just home being oversea again. hi year ago I picked up a use max, love it. I got into dirt bike still have them, my little (4 year old) has a yam 50cc, but he love my argo 6x6.
    its 1989 argo kohler 18 mag. it need some help, that why im here, 1st of all are there mi. argo, max riders, I have a lot of question, I've been reading on this site, but I cant get the right side brakes to always work, changed the 5 dot, checked the calipers, trying to adjust the master cylinder so it not hanging up, I want to go up north and ride, but the brakes are driving me crazy,

brake problem

the right side work and doesn't work, and duct work is hooked up, and there 2 little bar 's between the handle bar that, I 'm not sure just what they do, remember I'm new to argo, help anyone please

Hi dirtbee, welcome home and welcome to the forum. For your Argo question, start a new thread in the Argo forum and someone there should be able to help you out. Not everyone checks this introduction thread.

+ Reply to Thread