New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 722 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 555 605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

New to the 6x6 world

My name is Leroy (lcrank63) and I just purchased my 1st scrambler it is a marc XII model 1200. looking for manuals for it. it's in original condition, only thing missing is the screen over the exhaust on the back, trying to figure out what yr it is, I am assuming late 60 or early 70. any info would be greatly appreciated

Welcome Leroy, there are manuals on the home page in the manuals section, have fun with the Scrambler.

Hi lisles, welcome to the forum. When you were checking the tightness of your chains did you have the tires off the ground? If not, try that and see if there is a difference.

Hey guys,

Newbie here... I've always thought AATV's were generally badass but always made excuses about why it wasn't the right time to buy one. Well, times have changed and I'm on the hunt for the perfect machine for me. I look forward to finding a solid machine and expanding my overall AATV knowledge though this site. I'm from MA but I regularly go to camp in central NH.

Thanks much,
    Craig

introduction

Hello, My name is Dave . I am more into MVs and the use of technology in them. I have 2 Supacat MK2A, both former CF DART vehicles, I acquired the first in 2008, the 2nd in 2010. Both Cats are powered by the VW 1.9TDI engine and a 3 speed auto trans The Ackerman steering (steerable front 2 axles) make it an extremely road friendly vehicle (1 has SE license). I also have one of the Supacat flip-it trailers (ex-DART) and a Supacat tub trailer ( ex-RAF bomb disposal trailer).
    Some of my other vehicles include a ATL Pinzgauer 718K (UK manufactured w/ 5 cyl 2.5TDI ), a S&S FMTV,M1094 and a SDP Haflinger

This pic was in preparation for a 4th of July parade, 2009, famous for water fights along the route. With 250 gallons of water and a high pressure RV water pump, it was ready for any squirt gun

Now Thats TO COOL !!!

Thanks,
    They are a very interesting vehicles AFTER the Mk1 (skid steer only with a gas Citroen engine). The Mk2 and later have have the Ackerman and skid steering plus diesel engine and automatic tranny ( and even they were upgraded).
    I'll start a thread on the Supacat ATMP, and the various differences on the different Mk's. I also found a video that I extracted a short segment of a Supacat Mk3 doing support work at the Pentagon on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by bayercraig View Post
    Hey guys,

Newbie here... I've always thought AATV's were generally badass but always made excuses about why it wasn't the right time to buy one. Well, times have changed and I'm on the hunt for the perfect machine for me. I look forward to finding a solid machine and expanding my overall AATV knowledge though this site. I'm from MA but I regularly go to camp in central NH.

Thanks much,
    Craig
    Craig, welcome to the forum. Good luck in your hunt for an AATV.

Quote Originally Posted by dsd277 View Post
    Hello, My name is Dave . I am more into MVs and the use of technology in them. I have 2 Supacat MK2A, both former CF DART vehicles, I acquired the first in 2008, the 2nd in 2010. Both Cats are powered by the VW 1.9TDI engine and a 3 speed auto trans The Ackerman steering (steerable front 2 axles) make it an extremely road friendly vehicle (1 has SE license). I also have one of the Supacat flip-it trailers (ex-DART) and a Supacat tub trailer ( ex-RAF bomb disposal trailer).
    Some of my other vehicles include a ATL Pinzgauer 718K (UK manufactured w/ 5 cyl 2.5TDI ), a S&S FMTV,M1094 and a SDP Haflinger
    Dave, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more about your Supacat in your thread.

Hi, My name is Aaron, I live in Vermont and I just bought a MAX II as a plow rig. I belong to an informal group of guys that rides motorcycles on the ice in the winter and we like to build pretty large road courses. In the past, it's always been difficult to find a reliable plow guy to help us out, so I figured it was time to buy a used 6X6. I spent the afternoon going through it and it's running great and driving even better, rode it around our Motocross track today.

I've already got a plow frame designed and I'll be water jet cutting the material this week. I'm mounting a V plow that a friend gave me. I made a quick highlights video from last year, I'm the guy wearing the red and gray pullover.

Last edited by Mike; 09-07-2014 at 09:50 PM. Reason: embedded video using the filmstrip button

You can find the mount design on here. You need to mount it to the first two axles on each side so as not to push on the lower tub. Very easy if you do Fab work. The rest is Very easy !!
    Post up some pics of your work as we like Pic's !!

+ Reply to Thread