New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 511 of 722 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 561 611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone,

I've been the proud owner of of a 6x6 since summer of 2010 and can't say enough great things about 6x6world and all the good info and people packed in here.

Here I am 4 years later making my first entry.
    I have a 1980's max II in tan and located in MN.

Has a winch, goodyear rawhides, 16 HP vanguard, and a set of old school tracks too.
    I installed an oil cooler and hour meter that runs off of an oil pressure switch.

Last year it developed an issue with chain clicking and it turned out to be the center axle had shifted out and locking collar was cracked. so the jack shaft no longer aligned to the center sprocket. I'm going to use this in remote areas and wanted maximum reliability so instead of just installing a new bearing and sprocket I decided it was due for a drive train rebuild - I ordered all new axles, sprockets, chains, and bearings. Almost done now. I'll start up another thread on that soon once I round up some photos.

Thanks to all for the great site, I'm happy to be here!

Paul

Paul, it's nice to officially welcome an old member.

You definitely can't go wrong with a rebuild like you did. Now you can enjoy the Max without having to worry about anything failing.

Hello

Been around the 6x6x for about 20 years, Thank you having me!! Im from Central Pa. I own two argos and one Max , selling t he max if anyone is looking..

Dan

hi im kidkenn and i am new to this site and from calif i just got a hustler 6x6 traded an old beat up dirt bike for it i was able to drive it for a couple of weeks and i love this think i have not seen any of these out here in restoring it had a 14 hp honda motor in it have 2 choices 17hp kohler v twin or a polaris 440 twin two stroke looking for some input

Hello everyone, I have just purchased my first AATV, a 1989 Argo 6x6 with a 16HP B&S twin. It's in pretty good shape for it's age but before I start charging around the country side in am going over it with a "fine tooth comb" so I can enjoy myself fully because I have wanted one of these things for a VERY long time so I'm determined to exercise some patience and get it set up properly. The previous owner told me about this site and how friendly and helpful he found everyone to be. I'm sure I am going to encounter problems that will baffle me so it will be great to have all this expertise to fall back on. I live in Australia but am originally from Springfield, MA but have lived here for 43 years. Needless to say I'm figuring that I will have to turn to the States for chasing up parts for such an old machine. Anyhow I am looking forward to chatting with members of this site. Cheers, Bob

Quote Originally Posted by machinerypeddler View Post
    Hello

Been around the 6x6x for about 20 years, Thank you having me!! Im from Central Pa. I own two argos and one Max , selling t he max if anyone is looking..

Dan
    Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. It's good to have another 6x6 veteran on board.

Quote Originally Posted by kidkenn View Post
    hi im kidkenn and i am new to this site and from calif i just got a hustler 6x6 traded an old beat up dirt bike for it i was able to drive it for a couple of weeks and i love this think i have not seen any of these out here in restoring it had a 14 hp honda motor in it have 2 choices 17hp kohler v twin or a polaris 440 twin two stroke looking for some input
    Hi kidkenn, welcome to the forum. If you are wanting to go fast then go with the 2 stroke. If you want low end torque and the ability to use the Hustler for work or technical trails, go with the V twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D View Post
    Hello everyone, I have just purchased my first AATV, a 1989 Argo 6x6 with a 16HP B&S twin. It's in pretty good shape for it's age but before I start charging around the country side in am going over it with a "fine tooth comb" so I can enjoy myself fully because I have wanted one of these things for a VERY long time so I'm determined to exercise some patience and get it set up properly. The previous owner told me about this site and how friendly and helpful he found everyone to be. I'm sure I am going to encounter problems that will baffle me so it will be great to have all this expertise to fall back on. I live in Australia but am originally from Springfield, MA but have lived here for 43 years. Needless to say I'm figuring that I will have to turn to the States for chasing up parts for such an old machine. Anyhow I am looking forward to chatting with members of this site. Cheers, Bob
    Hi Bob, welcome to the site. If you go over the machine like you are planning to, it will be much more enjoyable. You won't have to worry about breaking down every time you go out and if you happen to for some reason, you will already know the machine inside and out.

Live in south Louisiana, deer hunter, found a swamp fox, got it going, runs great

Hey guys I'm new to the amphibious vehicle and I was wandering if there's a way I can find out the year and stuff like that the SN#8543. The guy said that it was a 2000 but I know better than that I think it's like an 89' or so.thank you very much for adding me to this website!!!

Hello 6x6world,
    I am new to owning an argo 8x8 and I am looking forward to using it for hunting this year.

Newbie to 6x6
    I have owned a custom build motorcycle shop for 45 years I retired 5 years ago
    Bought a junk Swamp Fox a year ago and I'm just finishing it up now

+ Reply to Thread