New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 512 of 722 FirstFirst ... 12 412 462 502 510 511 512 513 514 522 562 612 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by russ wheeler View Post
    Live in south Louisiana, deer hunter, found a swamp fox, got it going, runs great
    Russ, welcome to the forum. Have fun with your Swamp Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Fordracingdude View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to the amphibious vehicle and I was wandering if there's a way I can find out the year and stuff like that the SN#8543. The guy said that it was a 2000 but I know better than that I think it's like an 89' or so.thank you very much for adding me to this website!!!
    Fordracingdude, welcome to the site. I am assuming you are talking about a Max 6x6 with that serial number. If so, look at the thread at the top of the Max forum. You can use that to help estimate what year Max you have. Without even looking at that thread, I can tell you it is much older than a 2000, probably by 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Argoman84 View Post
    Hello 6x6world,
    I am new to owning an argo 8x8 and I am looking forward to using it for hunting this year.
    Hello Argoman84, welcome to the forum. Have fun with your 8x8.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Newbie to 6x6
    I have owned a custom build motorcycle shop for 45 years I retired 5 years ago
    Bought a junk Swamp Fox a year ago and I'm just finishing it up now
    Hi phantom, welcome to the site. Post some photos of your Swamp Fox when you get it done so we can admire your work.

Hi guys I live in Newfoundland and I have a 2001 big foot. I served my country for 22 years. Now that I have retired I need a pass time and it a argo for me.

Hi newf argo, welcome to the site. Have fun with your Bigfoot.

Hi guys new here I have a 1970? amphicat that I bought for a restore. looking for a lower body. will share some pics it looked great after I restored body then blew motor then did not trace wiring from new motor I got and it caught on fire and melted lower tub. need help it was bad got it ride able for now though! Oh yes my name is Don and I live in Pittsburgh pa

Hi Don, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing photos of your Amphicat. Sorry to hear of the fire.

Hi my name is Dennis a just found this site do not have a 6x6 yet been looking have a ranger crew cab. I mostly hunt and fish out of my rig and I looking for the best for that Argo is the closest dealer of any manufacture

Just picked up my first Argo tonight. Traded an old 4 wheeler i had for it. It runs and drives, has a polaris engine in it. Trying to figure out what year it is exactly, was told it's an 85 but i think it's older. Has some cracks in the tub i need to fix and a few other things.

Derek

Greetings All.

I picked up a Sidewinder from a forum member earlier this month. I've been spending most of my free time reading 6x6World.com posts and studying pictures. My machine appears to be a copy of the Hustler 950. 18 hp Briggs. Axles are keyed. T-20. 22" Rawhides. The machines operates fine but needs attention.

I've got the frame out and starting the restore process. I'm counting on the knowledge of the 6x6world experts to help me through the endeavor.

My plan for the little machine is access to my remote cabin in the summer/fall before the snow cover allows use of the snowmobiles.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    Hi my name is Dennis a just found this site do not have a 6x6 yet been looking have a ranger crew cab. I mostly hunt and fish out of my rig and I looking for the best for that Argo is the closest dealer of any manufacture
    Dennis, welcome to the forum. Good luck in your search for an Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by dropride View Post
    Just picked up my first Argo tonight. Traded an old 4 wheeler i had for it. It runs and drives, has a polaris engine in it. Trying to figure out what year it is exactly, was told it's an 85 but i think it's older. Has some cracks in the tub i need to fix and a few other things.

Derek
    Derek, welcome to the forum. You gained two wheels in your trade so you had to come out ahead, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfoot View Post
    Greetings All.
    I picked up a Sidewinder from a forum member earlier this month. I've been spending most of my free time reading 6x6World.com posts and studying pictures. My machine appears to be a copy of the Hustler 950. 18 hp Briggs. Axles are keyed. T-20. 22" Rawhides. The machines operates fine but needs attention.

I've got the frame out and starting the restore process. I'm counting on the knowledge of the 6x6world experts to help me through the endeavor.

My plan for the little machine is access to my remote cabin in the summer/fall before the snow cover allows use of the snowmobiles.

Brad
    Greetings Brad, welcome to the forum. Good luck in your restoration. You already have a good looking Sidewinder to start with. Once you rebuild it mechanically, you should have a fun machine.

Just bought a new to me Argo last month. I had a Max when I was stationed in Alaska, enjoyed it much. After I retired from the Air Force in 2009 I came back to Albany, Ga. Got into deer hunting again and needed something to get me through a swamp. Of course everyone said I needed to buy a Polaris Ranger but I started to think back to my Max. Now I started looking around for a Max but came across a 2005 Argo and bought it. The jury is still out on the Argo, I found the steering cantankarous, tempermental, and complicated in relation to the Max. After I get through rebuilding the Argo brake system I may change my mind. But right now I feel the Argo inferior to the Max with the T-20.

+ Reply to Thread