New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 513 of 722 FirstFirst ... 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 563 613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi gkp, welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Once you get the brakes rebuilt and you get used to the Argo, I think you will find that it is a very capable machine. It's just a different driving mentality between that and a T20 machine.

Hello group , I've owner a buckaroo for 25 years and have rebuilt it for the kids 3 different times. I'm in the process of doing it one last time for my grand son . I'm now interested in finding a Amphicat to rebuild for myself and youngest daughter . I'm a composites Engineer with 35 years in the discipline primarily aerospace and advanced composites . I have a descent hobby machine shop with welding equipment.
    I've enjoyed playing in the mud and look forward to going places I could not go before .

Welcome Russ,
    If you hang out here for long your sure to keep your shop tools warm and well used. These machines are so much more capable than any other atv...

Hey everyone, I've never owned an Argo but I'm picking my first one up in a few days. I've been doing a lot of reading and contemplation on the ATV subject and considering I live in northern Alberta these seem to be the best option. I hope can learn some tricks and be helpful at the same time. I'm a millwright by trade, so chains sprockets and shafts are right up my alley. Even I they are buried two feet under the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by holdmybeerwatchthis View Post
    Hey everyone, I've never owned an Argo but I'm picking my first one up in a few days. I've been doing a lot of reading and contemplation on the ATV subject and considering I live in northern Alberta these seem to be the best option. I hope can learn some tricks and be helpful at the same time. I'm a millwright by trade, so chains sprockets and shafts are right up my alley. Even I they are buried two feet under the mud.
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you get to start having fun with your first Argo soon. Post some photos when you get it.

Argo info please!

Hello everyone. I came on to this group earlier today as I was trying to find info on the infamous Argo. I was under the idea that the Avenger was the only machine to buy. after reading a few posts I realized that there is much more I need to learn. I watched a few episodes on the hunting channel ( outdoor quest) ? they were talking about the Avenger,Like the forward axle and rear axle were moved forward and back so the traction was better for crossing creeks and lakes,or for the getting out of such.And also about bigger rubber.In any case any help in those regards would be deeply appreciated.I have mechanical abilities and am not afraid of a challenge,but I have never owned an Argo and have only been out on an introductory tour by a hunting buddy once. I was struck right there. I have taken moose from some very difficult places and spent many hrs. retrieving them,thinking all the while the Argo was the only way to go. I have heard from outfitters that have used them that they would have been better off using horses. I'm thinking that they were relying on guides that were not mechanical or maybe their maintenance program was lacking. I don't want to buy a new Argo at this time as I would like to get my feet wet as it were.Is that a mistake? Anyways I would love to get some feed back as I have been very impressed with what I have read so far. I hunt for Moose,Mountain Caribou, and Sheep. I cross creeks and valleys and mountain tops and to this point all on my little quad.Although the sheep take some hiking.Just came down off a mountain in snow weather trying to help a friend fill his sheep tag.Weather got bad, creeks got high and we were very fortunate to make it out with our health.....All the while I'm thinkin'.....ARGO!!! Thoughts?? respectfully rickychris

Welcome to the forum rickychris, try posting your question in the Argo forum and surely you will receive many replies from real world users. If your doing moose an 8x8 or perhaps a 6x6 with a trailer would work, though stream crossings with a trailer will be tricky.
    Again, welcome and good luck on your search.
    Jim

Hello. I've been looking at the forum for awhile as a guest and finally signed up. We had a scrambler when I was a kid and now I'm picking up a scrambler 1000 from my uncle. It's gonna need work and he has to many projects so I benefit (or suffer) because of it. It'll be an experience.

Found a barn find 1960's Attex , hooked now! 6x6 self help forums are a big help in re-building!

Hi all,
    my name is Scott and I live in the UK.
    A few years back I bought a Magnum to use for offroading with friends.
    Last year I bought a Conquest that I am now rebuilding. Its been stripped down and most of the steelwork is now galvanized.
    Just hope I can remember how it all goes back togeher now and can't wait to get it dirty.

+ Reply to Thread