New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 535 of 722 FirstFirst ... 35 435 485 525 533 534 535 536 537 545 585 635 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

I live in extreme southeast Arkansas, 9 miles from La. I'm just 7miles from Felsenthal NWR.
    Hey all! Good to be among so many knowledgeable amphib owners. Gonna keep this post short til I figure out how to work this. Been studying this post for a while. Some good help. I bought a '96' Vanguard II. Excited about going through it. Probably gonna be asking for lots of help. So thanks and hope to hear from anyone wanting to advise.
    Ok. Edit starts here. I live in extreme southeast Arkansas and drove to Kentucky to get my Argo. Knew it needed some work but still grinned all the way home. I'll ride for fun some but mainly wanted to be able to bow hunt some islands in the Ouachita River bottoms when the water gets up. No more getting up, heading down the trails, only to run up to a slough I can't cross.
    Hate to bother y'all so soon, but can someone tell me if I'm removing my axles, will the outer bearings come off with them? And I read about some using a puller. Was that homemade or does some place have a puller for this?
    Last edited by Argonewbie; 02-11-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Hello,

New member here, I just picked up a 2014 Max IV 850T 23 hp Kohler with optional 26'' Goodyear Terra tires. Great site and have many questions.

higgs

Just wired in dual bilge pumps and ACC's. Fun fun, anyone know what the loose red wire under the dash that goes to a 2 prong plug in the back is for? I assume it is meant to go into the "A" slot on the 7 pin ignition but dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingSerpent View Post
    This site is killer, hope to have alot of good chat here. My Dad and I have been working out the kinks in our used Max IV. Already had a ton of help from here before I joined up so happy 6x6ing and thanks for all your info.
    DancingSerpent, welcome to the forum. Have fun with your Max IV

Quote Originally Posted by Argonewbie View Post
    Hey all! Good to be among so many knowledgeable amphib owners. Gonna keep this post short til I figure out how to work this. Been studying this post for a while. Some good help. I bought a '96' Vanguard II. Excited about going through it. Probably gonna be asking for lots of help. So thanks and hope to hear from anyone wanting to advise.
    Ok. Edit starts here. I live in extreme southeast Arkansas and drove to Kentucky to get my Argo. Knew it needed some work but still grinned all the way home. I'll ride for fun some but mainly wanted to be able to bow hunt some islands in the Ouachita River bottoms when the water gets up. No more getting up, heading down the trails, only to run up to a slough I can't cross.
    Hate to bother y'all so soon, but can someone tell me if I'm removing my axles, will the outer bearings come off with them? And I read about some using a puller. Was that homemade or does some place have a puller for this?
    Hi Argonewbie, welcome to the forum. The outer bearings on our machines are held in place against the body by the bearing flanges. New, the axles should slide out of the bearings without removing them from the machine but most of the time, old axles, sprockets, etc. rust easily and can be difficult to remove. You may have to remove the flange and let the outer bearing come out with the rest of the axle.

Quote Originally Posted by higgs View Post
    Hello,

New member here, I just picked up a 2014 Max IV 850T 23 hp Kohler with optional 26'' Goodyear Terra tires. Great site and have many questions.

higgs
    Hi higgs, welcome to the forum. It's hard to beat a new Max IV. That should give you years of enjoyment.

I live in extreme southeast Arkansas, 9 miles from La. I'm just 7miles from Felsenthal NWR.
    Thanks Mike! Now I can just focus on getting the inner bearing races broke loose.

I finally did it. I bought my dream machine. You see I have dreamt of owing an argo for 15 years now and when I phoned my daughter to tell her I bought one she said she remembers that is all could could talk about since she was a baby. Unfortunatly I purchased it Nov 31 and only had it out a couple times because I live in some pretty cold temps here in Saskatchewan. I am working on starting Saskatchewans first annual Argo rally this spring and will organize one for the late summer or fall. I'm hoping to do a 1 week trip this summer along the mighty Saskatchewan river and hoping by then I will meet other Argo owners who might want to come along. I should have some amazing videos and pics to post later on in the spring. I have been a member here since about 2008 but under sask650 but never posted anything but always loved reading other peoples threads. I think in the last 10 years I have seen every amphibious youtube video ever made in every language at least once.

Hello Sask750. Welcome to posting on 6x6world. Sounds like you were certainly due! I'll assume the fishing is awesome in the river. Best wishes to get a ride organized. Much better than riding alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sask750 View Post
    I finally did it. I bought my dream machine. You see I have dreamt of owing an argo for 15 years now and when I phoned my daughter to tell her I bought one she said she remembers that is all could could talk about since she was a baby. Unfortunatly I purchased it Nov 31 and only had it out a couple times because I live in some pretty cold temps here in Saskatchewan. I am working on starting Saskatchewans first annual Argo rally this spring and will organize one for the late summer or fall. I'm hoping to do a 1 week trip this summer along the mighty Saskatchewan river and hoping by then I will meet other Argo owners who might want to come along. I should have some amazing videos and pics to post later on in the spring. I have been a member here since about 2008 but under sask650 but never posted anything but always loved reading other peoples threads. I think in the last 10 years I have seen every amphibious youtube video ever made in every language at least once.
    Hi Sask750, welcome to the forum and congratulations on finally getting an Argo. Be sure to start a new thread about your Saskatchewan ride so that others know about it and can plan to join you. Warmer weather will be here before you know it so hopefully you get to enjoy your Argo more and more. Have fun.

hello - i don't own a 6x6 or 8x8 yet but i will soon as i am now actively looking for a used one to start with to use on my property northeast of mission bc. i have to cross a creek that is about 30 feet wide and drive up a path i will be making about 500 feet long and climbing about 180 ft in the 500 feet. i have been a cabinetmaker and machinist all my life and will be setting up our home site and workshop on this property.

Hi renegade32, welcome to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread