New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 553 of 722 FirstFirst ... 53 453 503 543 551 552 553 554 555 563 603 653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Upload some photos of your Argo to the gallery if you get a chance so that we can take a look at your handywork. It sounds like you should be ready to ride fairly soon. I'm sure it feels good to be going back together with your Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by HTB8 View Post
    Hi folks... I'm Dave and I live in NE British Columbia. Bought my first 6x6 Argo in about 1982 and am currently just starting a restoration on an early 80's HTB 8x8. Pretty much done with chains and bearings, now to rebuild wire harness and then bolt it all back together for a test drive. I got some great info on tire replacements from this forum as well as a lot of other tips.
    While you're in there bolt yourself a nice 4-5 inch fan, like the ones the school busses had for the driver, under the hood. Will make a big difference in the summer and shouldn't need to run with the hood off.

Nice pics by the way.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Good morning I'm Paul from the great state of michigan, my son and I have purchased a 1968 action age srambler as a project to restore, engine has been rebuilt so it runs pretty good tires not bad the problem were having is we cant get it to turn.Plates are both free, all fuild lines have been replaced and air removed. Tryed puttting spacers in but still nothing seems to work. Anyone out there have same problem or am I missing something? Thanks

You need to see if the Brakeing pads are in good shape ? You may need new pads ? That are Not very thick and tend to where out.

Thanks
    where would one go to have them replaced or is there place to buy pads and put them on our self

Some auto parts stores can have yours relined. I got some Terra tiger clutches done here in lower pa. I am sure someone here may have some good input on this as there is ALOT of great people on here.

Hello i am rick we are in need of balloon tires or someone to repair our tires on our action age scrambler i recently saved it from a life of mildew in a old barn the only thing stopping us from enjoying this lovely machine is these tires can anybody help us please

I also have saved an old scrambler however i need some of those old balloon tires can you help me please

Hi Rick, welcome to the forum.

Hey Everyone,

I live out on Vancouver Island in British Columbia Canada. I was visiting a buddy up in Northern British Columbia and I noticed under a bunch of tarps at the back of his garage he had a 2002 8x8 argo conquest. I asked him about it and he tried to give it to me, said it didn't run. Anyway gave him $500 loaded it in my truck stopped by lordco got a $16 dollar fuel pump (determined this was the immediate problem) and viola here I am. I'm a little handy but definitely not a mechanic so would love to hear all your suggestions. Just ordered a full set of tires and am in the process of redoing the bench seats (rats made a home in one). Also I have one track(13.5") the original argo plastic one so if anyone wants to sell me a single track I would be interested. I intend to use the machine mostly for moose and duck hunting with a little ski touring in the winter. Looking forward to hearing everyones stories and suggestions. Also looking for a windshield.

Cheers

Nick

+ Reply to Thread