New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 583 of 722 FirstFirst ... 83 483 533 573 581 582 583 584 585 593 633 683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

hipower welcome.... your going to love your max2 and will get lots of fun and adventure out of it. anything you need help on you will find right here from great folks. have fun !! johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    Hi All
    I am a complete NOOBI to AATV's, but I have wanted a 6x6 for years, after having seen one at a local dealer. At the time I could not justify the purchase. Now that I am retired, and have some time on my hands and actually found a legitimate need for one, I finally purchased a 1996 MAX II back in November. My wife wanted to know my legitimate need, and I explained that with my increasing age, it might be handy when I help my nephew with his maple sugaring operation, working in and on his 170 acre sugar woods. I also explained it might be helpful dragging 150-200 lb deer out of the woods, rather than by hand. I finally got a reluctant thumbs up.

I found this site while looking for parts. My MAX is a little old and while it was not running well, I could get it started. I have since been able to get it so it pretty much works, and continue to tinker with it. I have not got as much into it as I probably could, but will resist that urge for a while longer.

I just finished a complete, new exhaust upgrade, thanks the to good folks at 6x6parts.com. Both my ears and neighbors will appreciate that. Next on my list is a carb rebuild and working on brakes for both hills and parking. After that I will take it on ifs first work job, and see how it works in the sugar woods. Secretly, I know that it will work, as many sugar makers now rely on 6x6 and 8x8 tracked units for work in the woods. I can also see it being helpful at deer camp to find and drag firewood back to camp.

Will close for now and head back to the sugarhouse....and sweet dreams....the season is almost over!
    Hi hipowerone, welcome to the forum. Thanks the the great introduction. Once you get your Max II sorted, you should be able to go out and have some fun with it, I mean "work" with it.

Hi! I just purchased a Hustler 2 weeks ago. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania. I have 3 young boys and we love the outdoors and I am hoping this will be a fun toy for us to enjoy together (riding and tinkering with). It does need a lot of work. I'm looking forward to learning all I can about this 6 wheeler. I am looking forward to chatting about our new hobby with you all!

Hi Dino, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your Hustler. I'm sure that your boys are very excited about it.

from WI, lost oil from tran on my Max IV. i lifted the engine off and about to remove the T20. i am not a gifted mechanic so not sure i want to do this. the oil seems to come from the left valve, also would not turn left. is there a way of fixing just the valve or should i try to rebuild the entire tran

Hi bohn191, welcome to the forum. I believe the valves you are referring to are called plungers. If you look on the home page of this site, there is a How-To section. There are several articles and videos detailing the rebuilding of your T20 if you need help. The first thing about the T20 is that you don't want to overfill it. It uses 1 quart of ATF. If you overfill it, that can push fluid out of the seals when it is hot. If the fluid is coming from the output shafts, the seals are probably the culprit. If the fluid is leaking around the plungers, then it may just be an owing that needs to be replaced.

Take some time to read through the how-to articles and check out the transmission forum as well. They should all help.

Hello all,
    I have always been intrigued by 6 and 8 wheelers since i was young. I just picked up a 1970 Scrambler. Im looking forward to talking about peoples aatv's and working on mine.

Hello Oldtime, welcome to the forum.

Hello all,
    Glad to be part of this board. I recently bought an old argo 1986 which runs ok but needs some small fix (hopfully). your board can help me lot during this adventure . never had this machine before.
    Cheers

Hello Triple hook, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your Argo.

+ Reply to Thread