New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 722 FirstFirst ... 84 484 534 574 582 583 584 585 586 594 634 684 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Welcome triple hook glad to see another older argo owner on the site (1984 argo)

Just purchased a MAX IV and am looking for a motor with alot of HP any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC716 View Post
    Just purchased a MAX IV and am looking for a motor with alot of HP any suggestions?
    Why a lot of horsepower do plan on racing it?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Bizarre, I was just talking six wheelers with a Tony from Buffalo yesterday afternoon. I wonder if this is the same fella. Regardless, welcome to the community. Are you looking for a ton of power because you want to go fast, or you just want the power?

Just brought home a Rand Sperry Wedge on Monday. It needs lots of work but does have the jet drive. Has original flotation tires (they are shot) and is minus the motor and the area the muffler rests upon, otherwise looks complete. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. In doing my research, this site seemed to have the greatest info out there on the wedge. Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to this project and becoming a part of the community.

Welcome Dirtnapprovider and congrats on the Wedge, they are cool machines. Before you spend to much money on restoration or repairs I would pull the trans and make sure the gears are good, the Apex is known for apple coring the bronze gear inside which is hard to find making all other efforts moot.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hello from the UK. I recently bought a 2000 Argo Conquest from a guy in North Yorkshire (Keighley). It was described as having had all chains checked and some replaced, tyres all holding air, in good condition etc. etc. Turns out that this wasn't exactly true and when the guy insisted on being paid in cash I should have run a mile.

Now that I've replaced the choke cable (old one wouldn't release, so the choke was stuck on), replaced one of the tensioners (the nylon on the old one must have disintegrated in the past so that the chain had eaten part way through the tensioner axle), tightened the idler chains from the gearbox to the idler shaft (3" of play instead of 1/8") and bought new duplex chain to replace the floppy front drive chains that were jumping on the sprockets, I've had a chance to take it on the terrain for which it was intended. Now the real problems have emerged...

I noticed while driving across open ground that the Argo pulled slightly to the right, which I thought was just a brake binding (the right brake leaver doesn't pull as far from the dash as the left). However, when trying to reverse in mud and trying to climb a fairly steep bank, the right side doesn't drive at all. Is there a separate clutch for the left and right sides, and would this be the cause?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Thanks for the info on the tranny. I'll go there first.

I have owned and operated Amphicat's for about 20 years and still have my first one. I now use Argo's on our family farm instead of the Amphicat. I have recently acquired an old Aqua Cat that was built by the same Company that built my Amphicat...Beehoo Engineering. I would like to get some more information about this machine, and hope to find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo Farmer View Post
    I have owned and operated Amphicat's for about 20 years and still have my first one. I now use Argo's on our family farm instead of the Amphicat. I have recently acquired an old Aqua Cat that was built by the same Company that built my Amphicat...Beehoo Engineering. I would like to get some more information about this machine, and hope to find it here.
    Welcome! Cool to hear that you still have your first machine. As far as I know the Aquacat is just a very early version of the Amphicat, but someone else may have more information than me.

+ Reply to Thread