New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 585 of 722 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Howdy from the Lone Star State. I have visited your 6 x 6 world many times in the past and just recently decided to join. I am not an Amphib owner but that may still be in my future. I live in Jacksonville, TX which host some of the biggest Mud National events in the state for stock and wildly modified ATV & UTV's. Needless to say, our little town of 15,000 pop. swells to 3 times that amount during our mudder events. Recently, I have been looking for technical info pertaining to easy performance upgrades for a B&S 16 h.p. Vanguard engine I am rebuilding for an upgrade into a little UTV that I use for hunting. The little old 11 h.p. Honda motor just doesn't have quite enough Umph anymore when I am all loaded up for hunting. I have already found some good information in your technical engine forum.

Hi E.TX Mudslinger, welcome to the forum. There are several members here that help your town swell to 45,000 every year. It's good to have you. Good luck with your B&S upgrade and perhaps you'll end up with your on Amphibious ATV soon enough, especially if you hang out here for long. These guys/girls are a bad influence.

new to coots just bought one ugh two . first thing got to do is get some easier steering !!! to help with the 20 acre turning.

Good day, my name is Brian and I am a three time Argo owner.Started out with an old conquest that I purchased from a friend in Port Alberni, B.C. This machine was in sad shape and had seen better days. Never the less I brought it back up to my Uncle in Smithers who owned Northwest Argo and with his help and guidance we brought her back to life. This machine had the standard plastic tracks and I drove it around for a # of years. I then bought a new Avenger 750 EFI in late November 2006. With this machine I also bought a set of Argo rubber tracks in 18 inch. Never really had any issues with these tracks. Plowed a lot of snow in the neighbour hood and went places with this machine that were pretty dicy at times. Fast forward to present; I traded my machine in recently for a new Argo XTI and oh so looking to getting her home and taking her for a spin. I need a set of tracks for her. Like I mentioned I plow snow for myself and neighbours and venture far afield in muskeg/swampy areas. What would be the ultimate width and design of track for this machine. Thank you for any advice.

Brian...b.didier@telus.net

Welcome Argoxti ! You have found the best place for answers, if i had the choice id buy Adair tracks, thats what i hope to own one day. IMHO, they are by far best for swimming, swamp, mud etc... Lots of guys & gals here & all will have their own perspective of course, you will probably hear from others with more experience but if it were me that'd be my first choice.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

ya,hello, just got a scrambler, lookin to put it back togatherm need diagrame of hqw the drive train is set up,any help would be great thx

Quote Originally Posted by homercoot View Post
    new to coots just bought one ugh two . first thing got to do is get some easier steering !!! to help with the 20 acre turning.
    Hi homercoot, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your Coot purchases. I assume that you have the two wheel steering model and not the four wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by argoxti View Post
    Good day, my name is Brian and I am a three time Argo owner.Started out with an old conquest that I purchased from a friend in Port Alberni, B.C. This machine was in sad shape and had seen better days. Never the less I brought it back up to my Uncle in Smithers who owned Northwest Argo and with his help and guidance we brought her back to life. This machine had the standard plastic tracks and I drove it around for a # of years. I then bought a new Avenger 750 EFI in late November 2006. With this machine I also bought a set of Argo rubber tracks in 18 inch. Never really had any issues with these tracks. Plowed a lot of snow in the neighbour hood and went places with this machine that were pretty dicy at times. Fast forward to present; I traded my machine in recently for a new Argo XTI and oh so looking to getting her home and taking her for a spin. I need a set of tracks for her. Like I mentioned I plow snow for myself and neighbours and venture far afield in muskeg/swampy areas. What would be the ultimate width and design of track for this machine. Thank you for any advice.

Brian...b.didier@telus.net
    Brian, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your XTI purchase. That is a hell of a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by flan69 View Post
    ya,hello, just got a scrambler, lookin to put it back togatherm need diagrame of hqw the drive train is set up,any help would be great thx
    Hello flan69, welcome to the forum. There are several photos of Scramblers in the gallery. Check those out, they should be able to help you visualize how the drivetrain goes together. Good luck with your rebuild

New to the 6x6 world I have a 98 vanguard 2 cant wait to get out and play just around northern IN. don't any place close other then badlands, Haspin, bundy hill MI. I ride quads as well so i have been to these places.

Hi typical.t, welcome to the forum. There are several videos on the forum from members at Haspin and the Badlands. Those look like good places to ride!

Thanks, Mike,

I'm a long-time Max dreamer, but I've never actually owned one. A neighborhood family had one when I was young (like 5 yrs old) and they used to take us neighborhood kids riding through the tall-grass fields and a pond. They made their own trails through the local fields before the expansion of subdivisions took over. I've always wanted one since those days. Several years ago I got into reading some of the various 6x6 forums and watching videos on the internet and YouTube. But it seems like things have died off a lot since then. Are there still active riders and groups around?

+ Reply to Thread