New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 603 of 722 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 703 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Names Robert thanks for accepting me

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum.

Hey all!

Brand spanking new to this whole 6x6 world. New to ATVs in general, actually. We recently moved onto 50 acres right on a river. Heck, we even have our own private lagoon, although at the moment it's a mud flat/bog. They lower the river in the winter, apparently.

Anyway, was looking for a tractor to move stuff around and found a Max II mislisted...and cheap! Absolutely ideal for this property and makes for easy crossing of the bog. Had seen them advertised before, but too expensive and never had a need prior to now. Suffice to say, I'm very excited!

It was previously used as entertainment for grandkids, so it's pretty stripped-down. No 'extras' and sans several items. Gas tank was removed and there isn't a single bolt holding the body down. Handy for the moment, as it makes access easy. Engine was replaced with a Duromax 18hp and the clutch was also switched-out for a snowmobile clutch...whatever that means.

Lots of work to do and more to learn. It doesn't always turn to the left reliably, battery dies after limited use (thank goodness for pull-cords), has no seat, headlights don't work, throttle is disconnected, needs 2 tires but OCD is gonna force me to get six because...matching! Of course, I must have a roll-bar and winch. The Misses is insisting on tracks. And really, what kind of utility vehicle/tool would it be without a snow plow?

So yeah, not sure where to start. Like any good citizen of the modern world, I asked Google and here I is.

Been horsing around with it for about a week now. Despite valiant efforts on my part, I've only managed to get it stuck once and that was some downright ugly mud combined with an engine stuck on idle. Happily, at only a few hundred pounds, pushing it out was cake. Time to start turning wrenches and get this thing back to where it should be.

I'm Cannibal. I'm addicted to hammocks, guns, and it seems, 6-wheelers. That's my story and I'll stick with it until something changes.

Hey Cannibal, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on picking up your Max. It sounds like you have the perfect playground for it. I hope you get it sorted out soon so that you can have some fun with it.

Hello!

My name is Anton and I´m Writing from Sweden. Born 1991 and working as a firefighter. Just picked up my first Argo Conquest 2003 with 500h on the meter. Got supertracks and a Yamaha 4hp outboard engine for fishing. Been running 6x6 for some time, with my old Volvo TGB.
    Built a rollcage from alu tubing with integrated roof. Always been a true petrolhead, and loves the outdoors. You can see all my projects on Instagram @Oestlund91

Facebook group for owners world wide: "Argo owners international"

Pleased to meet you all

Anton, welcome to the forum. That's a well-equipped Conquest and should work nicely along side all of your other vehicles. The Volvo looks great and I bet that hovercraft will be a fun project. Thanks for sharing the photos.

I've been skimming through the forum posts for a few months now and liked what I've read...good information for sure. Just bought a '16 frontier 8 wheel and I'm not sure what to expect yet...new to the world of skid steer utilities. Looking forward to participating in the dialogue and getting educated. Purchased the machine for work only so I figured it's important to study up and this looks like the place to do it.
    Looking forward to it.
    Best wishes.

Hey I'm Hangloose

This site is amazing my dad and I where looking for a 6x6 for hunting and fishing here in northern Minnesota and once i found this site and all the information that's on it I was blown away and really didn't need to look anywhere else! We were in a predicament with the option of a Max or an Argo and needed to figure out which one was going to meet our needs better and this site made it sooooo easy to get to our decision! 2005 MAX IV 950T!! What a machine so far even came pretty much loaded and only has 47hrs! I'm sure I will find a few MODS to do though already started on the left lateral extension to make it easier to drive with 2 guys side by side!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hangloosehogs; 11-03-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    "We Got Hogs"

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER View Post
    I've been skimming through the forum posts for a few months now and liked what I've read...good information for sure. Just bought a '16 frontier 8 wheel and I'm not sure what to expect yet...new to the world of skid steer utilities. Looking forward to participating in the dialogue and getting educated. Purchased the machine for work only so I figured it's important to study up and this looks like the place to do it.
    Looking forward to it.
    Best wishes.
    Welcome to the forum Blaster. The Frontier is a great machine. I'm sure you'll get use out of it for work and still have a little fun along the way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hangloosehogs View Post
    Hey I'm Hangloose

This site is amazing my dad and I where looking for a 6x6 for hunting and fishing here in northern Minnesota and once i found this site and all the information that's on it I was blown away and really didn't need to look anywhere else! We were in a predicament with the option of a Max or an Argo and needed to figure out which one was going to meet our needs better and this site made it sooooo easy to get to our decision! 2005 MAX IV 950T!! What a machine so far even came pretty much loaded and only has 47hrs! I'm sure I will find a few MODS to do though already started on the left lateral extension to make it easier to drive with 2 guys side by side!
    Hey Hanglooes, welcome to the site. It sounds like you got a really low hour Max IV. Have fun with it.

Just got a badly used MaxII. I'm bringing it back into operational status. I have a lot of questions and if there is anyone near Mocksville North Carolina look me up..

+ Reply to Thread