New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 621 of 722 FirstFirst ... 121 521 571 611 619 620 621 622 623 631 671 721 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

New owner of a Max Iv

Hi guys, I'm Jay from Massachusetts. I just bought a 1998 Max iv the other day. What a great site this is. I used this site to gather information on what to look for before buying the Max. I really liked the buyers guide that was in the forum. Is there anyone around Western Massachusetts to go ride with? Thanks for all the information and I look forward to talking with y'all.

Hi Jay, welcome to the forum and congratulations on picking up your Max IV. Those are fun machines!

Hey everyone, my name is Corey and I am very new to amphibious atv's. Over the winter I jumped in with two feet and purchased 2 1989 (?) Argo Magnums. The first was in OK shape and I bought a second to use as parts. After I was able to look the second one over it appears to be in much better shape, so it will be the recipient of a complete resto and powerplant overhaul. I am currently in the process of putting a Harbor Freight Predator 670 in #1 so it is suitable to sell. My apologies in advance for all the questions. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hey Corey, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your overhaul!

Hi Everyone, my name is Stacey and I just aquired a Max I4 serial # 8961. Bought it Saturday and have it down to frame/tub in 3 days after work. Not bad for a 53 year old man! I'm an electrician, and have had my hands into anything that is mechanical. 6x6 is a new one to me and have had my eye on this for a couple of years. One owner always kept inside but needs some bearings and chains. I''m doing a full tear down as to not miss a failing part.
    I am considering making this a two or 3 seater with one in front and two in the back. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. (what kind of seats) cushy I hope. Anyway, this is my hello thread. Pease, Stacey

Hi Stacey, welcome to the forum. You should have a great, reliable machine once you are complete. For the seat, several members have used a suspension pedestal for the base so that you have some mechanical suspension and then add whatever seat you like to the top of it. Most of the suspension seats have come from zero turn lawn mowers or tractors. Good luck with your rebuild. It sounds like you'll have it done in no time.

Hello I am new to this site. I live in North Western Ontario in a somewhat remote area. An 1999 Argo Conquest gets me about my property most days. I find it a rewarding challenge to keep it operational and properly maintained. I hunt, fish, and use it for working around the property. I am perhaps not as old as my handle implies but I do collect pensions and have decades of life experiences. Needing some advice and backup in keeping this argo in top operational condition is my reason for joining this site.

RIM maxIV

Hi will pillus from northern NJ I am 18 years old and an elevator mechanic but remember when I was real young my dad having and orange Argo odg with a huge 2 stroke but he later then sold it because the motor locked up and he was busy with work so he couldn't repair it. But anyway ever since then I have wanted one so I came across what I thought was a good deal on a RIM but the tag on it says 94 max IV I got it for 1050 and it runs and drives just doesn't steer it also has new winch and plow that can with it. The sticks and everything are hooked up but I think it may be bad bands and clevises but not sure. Thank you to anyone who replies
    O yeah it also says rim on it in big letters and has I think a 10hp tecumpseh

Quote Originally Posted by Willpill369 View Post
    Hi will pillus from northern NJ I am 18 years old and an elevator mechanic but remember when I was real young my dad having and orange Argo odg with a huge 2 stroke but he later then sold it because the motor locked up and he was busy with work so he couldn't repair it. But anyway ever since then I have wanted one so I came across what I thought was a good deal on a RIM but the tag on it says 94 max IV I got it for 1050 and it runs and drives just doesn't steer it also has new winch and plow that can with it. The sticks and everything are hooked up but I think it may be bad bands and clevises but not sure. Thank you to anyone who replies
    O yeah it also says rim on it in big letters and has I think a 10hp tecumpseh

Welcome Will,
    if you acquired the rim with the less than pretty body (cracked if I remember), that is a RIM. RIMs are detectable from both the tan upper and the brown lower.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Old Goat, welcome to the forum.

Willpill369, welcome to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread