New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 646 of 722 FirstFirst ... 146 546 596 636 644 645 646 647 648 656 696 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by charlesww View Post
    I bought and old 6x6 with a poly body and Kohler k341. I rebuilt the skid steer t20 and it is a smooth operator now. This forum has already been a great help and since I intend to make this the ultimate creek runner and fishing machine I'm sure I will need more assistance.
    Do you know about what year model this machine might be?
    Pic?.

Hello, my name is Pedro. I am from Kissimmee, FL. I came across a super clean Max ii 6x6 and purchased it for $2,200.00 I had bought the same one but with the solid axles and the 16hp Vanguard V-Twin, but sold it and kept the much nicer 14hp. I really love this machine. My only problem still is that the transmission has problems. I saw video tutorials and read here on how to adjust the bands on the T-20. I got it to turn in reverse both ways and steer forward super nice. Before it was not steering right and will only go backwards and not rotate in reverse. But now after i adjust the bands, when i connect the lever springs it brings the lever forward to the dash and the machine is already in forward position. No matter how i adjust it the plungers in the t20 the bottom one come forward enough that is always engaged in forward. So if you hit the gas it goes forward. I believe the bands are stretched right? Sorry for posting here.

Hello Folks: I've never owned a four wheeler or UTV before and am now the second owner of a low hr. 2016 Argo HDi. I live in Prince Edward County in the west corner of eastern Ontario Canada. I am interested in networking here and learning about places in the east and central Ontario where I can use my Argo and possibly get together in an outing.

I believe there are a few AATV owners down your way.
    I am in the Gravenhurst area if you are ever up this way.
    Just got mine end of last summer so dont know any areas yet but if others in this area do let me know.
    Last edited by Craig_B; 04-09-2018 at 11:23 AM.

New 2017 Argo 8x8 frontier. question. I have been having trouble getting my Argo in gear without grinding. I know that there has to be an adjustment but I dont know where to look. Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance

getting argo into gear without grinding

Quote Originally Posted by h2opdler View Post
    New 2017 Argo 8x8 frontier. question. I have been having trouble getting my Argo in gear without grinding. I know that there has to be an adjustment but I dont know where to look. Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance
    welcome to the board. Your Argo may be idling too fast. try adjusting your idle to the slowest rpm where it will idle smoothly and then shift quickly. it should just snick into gear without grinding. good luck and let us know how you made out.

I am new to this, and I am in the market looking for a 6x6 or 8x8. I am not sure which model to pick from, either Argo or Max?I am looking for some advice or recommendation. Most of my riding will be mainly river, water (waist to ankle deep.) Is it better to have an Argo with the weight upfront, or the Max with the weight in the back? What year of model should I avoid?
    Thank you.

Hi, I decided to join this forum today to further my knowledge on the Argo amphibious vehicle.

I have a 2016 Argo 750 hdi and use it on a daily basis on a working ranch.

I will be posting soon with questions about repairs and why things on the Argo are done the way they are.

I’ve replaced 16 bearings, a transmission, brakes, axles ect in just over 1 years use.

Thanks, -Bobby

@swanee that is a big debate as to what machine is better. Each will have its ups and downs, but both will do exactly what you are looking for. With your river being up to waste deep, I would suggest looking at adding a small outboard if there is any current. They make certain tires that swim faster than others, but most all of them swim pretty slow. The fastest swimming tires still swim "slow". I love my max II with the weight in the back. When I run my outboard I use an extension handle so I can still sit in the seat to run the outboard, keeps the machine balanced. I have a set of duals with the adapters, with this setup you will have the most stable machine in the water. Any they are for sale! Good luck with your search. Ask questions, with pictures, here before you buy anything. A lot of very smart and experienced guys on here. Zach J

Hi everybody! I am looking for my first Argo for working on my property. Like swanee, much of the work will be in a river/large creek that has a bunch of deadfall trees that need clearing out. While I will attempt shoreline removal whenever possible, some of the trees would best be accessed in the water. River width can be as narrow as 12' in many stretches. How would the turning ability of the 6x6 be compared to the 8x8? This would be a 2 (or more) man operation with the "pilot" maneuvering the Argo to the tree to be cleared with the clearing crew in the back. I was thinking that the 8x8's larger rear compartment would make for a better working platform.

Is their a used vehicle buying guide faq that I could find on this site? Since I have ZERO working/practical knowledge of the 6x6 or 8x8 drivetrain and would like to know what to look for (common issues) when looking at a used machine.

In the meanwhile I will continue to peruse the site and see what info I can glean.

+ Reply to Thread