New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 651 of 722 FirstFirst ... 151 551 601 641 649 650 651 652 653 661 701 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Welcome to 6x6world popobill. Enjoy your Argo!!

Hi group. Bought a 8x8 conquest with super tracks, learned they dont do well in wood, several ripped sectons and bent pins. Would like to get channel tracks but Marcell does not ship to US. Any ideas how to get them to CT? Thanks

Hello All. Just bought a max ii and have know idea what year it is? It has a Tecumseh 16 hp with only a small cover in rear with 5 bolts holding it on. The only issue I have with machine thus far is that it wants to pull left all the time.

Welcome to the site Morgan and congrats on your Max II. Pulling to the left could be caused by a number of issues, but first measure the circumference of all tires and make sure they are the same. Adjust air pressure up or down as needed. Next, I assume all the chains are in place and all the sprockets are positively attached to the axles by bolt, pin or spline. Finally check the adjustment on the T20 transmission. If all of these things check out ok, let us know.

Hustler 980 I/C

Sorry it took a bit to reply but here's what I picked up and believe is a Hustler 980 I/C. It's missing some parts from the engine notably the carbeurator and the pull start. I think the engine is a Briggs and Stratton model 422437-1266-01. Heres some pictures after I cleaned it up a bit. Also what size battery should I run because the manual I looked no doesn't say. Let me know if I'm wrong or any advice on getting it running again.
    Attached Images

You are a lucky dog to have gotten that for 300 bucks. That is a 980 tall tub. I have one like it waiting to be built. mine has an 18 horse Briggs. I will check the model numbers to see if we have the same engine. I actually have an extra carb. The previous owner put a new carb on mine and gave me the old one. I have no idea what may be wrong with it. As far as the battery, you really don't need anything more than a lawnmower battery unless you plan to run lots of electronics. The capacity of the charging system will be as much of a factor as the battery size. Remember, you are only crannking a lawnmower engine.

Start a build thread under the Hustler topic. Congrats on your find.

HI all. I'm new here. My name is zibby and I'm an owner of 2 Bazoooo. I have an orange one and a green one. Hope to get some info and suggestions from the group here

New guy here to the site.
    I live up in Ont Canada.
    Have been working on cars, trucks, motor cycles, boats, farm machinery and golf carts most of my 60 yrs now.
    Just bought my 1st 6X6.
    It's a Sierra Trail Boss the seller claims it's a 1978.
    Doesn't look to bad body in good shape with very little scratching.
    Tire appear to be original lots of tread on the lugs and plenty of weather cracks but are all holding air.
    Very little rust on the frame and chains.
    Chains all look good with no slop and don't look stretched.
    Guy who sold it couldn't get it to run took me about an hr but I got it going barely before buying to check if the tranies worked.
    A previous owner swapped out the 2 stroke with a 20 hp Vangaurd.
    Once I got it home put new plugs in it, fresh fuel and fuel filter and it fired right away.
    This thing is pretty quick now the 2 trans need to get adjusted as the left stick moves about 8" and the right about 3".
    I've spent the last cple days reading the posts on this site on these machines so I know how to set them now.
    Will be doing a fluid change as well on the tranies and the motor and then tackle a fairly messed up wiring harness.
    My property here has a lot of swamp, water ways and large ponds so lots of places for me to run this machine.
    I bought it because I hunt for deer here and they are in areas of the property I can't get to very easy with any thing but an AATV.
    I'll post pics once I actually start the repairs.

Welcome to the site Zibby and BWM. Post pics of your machines.

Intro

Hello all, I just got my first 6x6 its a 1978 Max4. Somewhere along the way it has had the 2stroke replaced with a 25 kohler and appears to have had major modifications. The tub is in bad shape so I don't know if I will ever be able to get it to swim (major bummer).

+ Reply to Thread