New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 693 of 722 FirstFirst ... 193 593 643 683 691 692 693 694 695 703 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi! My name is Tim. Im 54 living in Visalia, Ca. Hopefully not much longer though. Looks like my is where I will be looking for a
    home. That being all said and what not, I picked up an Attex Superchief 500 about 7,8 years ago. I paid a whopping $700 for it. To my surprise that old Chaparral engine runs. Needs a new carb or the old one rebuilt ( if I can find a kit for it) . Having plenty of skid steer experience from the army from my mech infantry days driving m113 (preceded several years as a tanker on the old m60a3), I knew the Attex was going to be fun. And it is but it has mostly say since I bought it for to CHF. I just don't get as much done as of like to any more. This machine is from 1972 I believe and it needs some work. Last time it I noticed cracks in the frame I will need to see but the really bad thing is the right side had locked up and I don't know the first thing about these transmissions other than lever travel accounts. I saw the manuals someone went to much trouble to pay for others to use. I, of course, downloaded every last one and can't use any of them. They came through out of focus on my end. I only have my cell phone for any way browsing, emailing, messaging and what not. I don't own computer. But if any knew can pay a Transmission overhauil manual for my Attex I would be grateful. What I want to do is go through and replace or repair as much of this beat as possible. Well guys you just got a taste of what it's like with me. I meant only to say hi and talk you a bit about my self and ended up writing a novelette. My best friend is always mentioning the books I write when I text him. So any excuse any grammatical and or spelling errors as I blame it on big fingers small keyboards and lack of oxygen to the brain ( that is what happens when your head only pumps 20 to 25% of the blood it should be. But that not the important thing. There online thing is it's only like and we only get one so go have fun, quit complain in and get outside and ride, fly, or float. Just have fun.
    Thanks for indulging me I'm out for now. Will be back ! Gotta go work on my NIGHT TRAIN! 06 FXSTBI

Welcome, I'm not sure what transmission you have but if it's a t20 there's more info on here than you can shake a stick at. There's also a video by maxrules99 on youtube, I as well as many others have used this video to help walk them through rebuilding and adjusting the t20 with success. If it's not a t20, I don't know anything about it, but if someone else can put it together I'm sure I can too lol. Good luck in finding what you need, the info is here you just may have to read alot of threads to find it.
    DanW

Hi, my name is James, I live by Sumner,Ia. I am 67 years old and retired. I retired from the John Deere Waterloo tractor works in Waterloo Ia in 2003. I own 3 six wheelers. A scrambler 1000, a chaparral, and a McGee. I just got the Scrambler give to me and starting to restore it. Its more of a basket case, someone tried to install a 11hp Briggs in it and never got it done and gave up on it. So I'm trying to get it mounted and lined up correctly, then to find the correct belt to fit it. I am missing the gas tank and the insides to one of the steering slave cylinders. So I am looking for them. If you have parts please let me know. Thanks

Hello 6x6'ers,
    I've just recently joined this forum AND bought two old ARGO MAX II's both built in '79. So I've got a lot to learn!

I'm a Merchant Mariner who lives hi & dry in Idaho with my family. My hopes are to get both 6x6's up & running for the following purposes:
    One has tracks so hopefully it can tow my family into the ID Backcountry on skis- snowmobile was getting too overloaded.
    I'll want to gear both units down to allow me to move trailers without breaking my back
    And last but not least, there are ghost towns that we must explore & my 'ol pickup truck won't get there.

Thats what's driving me. I hope my kids will get pulled into tinkering with me on these!! We need to rebuild a T20 trans, drop in another matching Rotax 503 Into the 2nd non- operating unit, cut new chains, and do some harness re-wiring. perhaps if we can buff out the old red 'poly bodies it'll all not seem so scary? ;-)

That's where we're at. Many thanks to everyone who's posted - super helpful in getting me up to speed on these machines.

-Hick

Been reading this group for the last few weeks I've been working on a 440 thunderchief in alaska and found the information on the threads to be super helpful

AmphibiThing

Hey 👋

I’m Jay, I recently bartered (hard farm labor 🧐) for an old Attex that my cousin John (who passed away in 2007) owned from the 70’s. I’d always wanted to get it running and finally made the deal with his brother to make it happen. I knew this would be a project, but he definitely got the better end of the deal. 😅 It’s an Attex 440 Thunderchief 6x6 with the Rockwell 2cyl. It’s been aging like a not so fine wine since the 90’s in one of the buildings on our family farm, which has been in the fam for over 100 years. So there’s a little bit of nostalgia and sentiment smoking from the tailpipe. (Figure of speech, I haven’t got it running quite yet, though the pull string is free). Any heads up/advice/comments are appreciated as I begin this project.

8562664C-16CC-41B3-80EA-435208761806.jpgF1A06E91-08E8-43AD-AFBC-FD4398402D66.jpg7385109B-CB2D-42DA-AFFB-29A54CFFA63D.jpg66D8CF62-260A-481D-8CE6-5918604B4016.jpgB29111EA-FFA5-4226-A2C2-7FDF0D4A4C84.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CousinJ’sAttex View Post
    Hey 👋

I’m Jay, I recently bartered (hard farm labor &#129488 for an old Attex that my cousin John (who passed away in 2007) owned from the 70’s. I’d always wanted to get it running and finally made the deal with his brother to make it happen. I knew this would be a project, but he definitely got the better end of the deal. 😅 It’s an Attex 440 Thunderchief 6x6 with the Rockwell 2cyl. It’s been aging like a not so fine wine since the 90’s in one of the buildings on our family farm, which has been in the fam for over 100 years. So there’s a little bit of nostalgia and sentiment smoking from the tailpipe. (Figure of speech, I haven’t got it running quite yet, though the pull string is free). Any heads up/advice/comments are appreciated as I begin this project.

Attachment 18257Attachment 18258Attachment 18259Attachment 18260Attachment 18261
    That’s a nice machine you got there! My advice to to clean tank out and put all new fuel lines in and clean carbs very well. May squirt some oil in cylinders and roll it over and coat well before you try to fire it up. New spark plugs as well.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinJ’sAttex View Post
    Hey 👋

I’m Jay, I recently bartered (hard farm labor &#129488 for an old Attex that my cousin John (who passed away in 2007) owned from the 70’s. I’d always wanted to get it running and finally made the deal with his brother to make it happen. I knew this would be a project, but he definitely got the better end of the deal. 😅 It’s an Attex 440 Thunderchief 6x6 with the Rockwell 2cyl. It’s been aging like a not so fine wine since the 90’s in one of the buildings on our family farm, which has been in the fam for over 100 years. So there’s a little bit of nostalgia and sentiment smoking from the tailpipe. (Figure of speech, I haven’t got it running quite yet, though the pull string is free). Any heads up/advice/comments are appreciated as I begin this project.

Attachment 18257Attachment 18258Attachment 18259Attachment 18260Attachment 18261
    That's a great find of an unmolested machine, good luck with it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    Hello 6x6'ers,
    I've just recently joined this forum AND bought two old ARGO MAX II's both built in '79. So I've got a lot to learn!

I'm a Merchant Mariner who lives hi & dry in Idaho with my family. My hopes are to get both 6x6's up & running for the following purposes:
    One has tracks so hopefully it can tow my family into the ID Backcountry on skis- snowmobile was getting too overloaded.
    I'll want to gear both units down to allow me to move trailers without breaking my back
    And last but not least, there are ghost towns that we must explore & my 'ol pickup truck won't get there.

Thats what's driving me. I hope my kids will get pulled into tinkering with me on these!! We need to rebuild a T20 trans, drop in another matching Rotax 503 Into the 2nd non- operating unit, cut new chains, and do some harness re-wiring. perhaps if we can buff out the old red 'poly bodies it'll all not seem so scary? ;-)

That's where we're at. Many thanks to everyone who's posted - super helpful in getting me up to speed on these machines.

-Hick
    If you want to gear it down read up on the 4 stroke conversions and clutching, it will be more reliable and less likely to break common parts, quieter and how your trailer. Take the time to do the chains and bearings now for your sake.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread