x cat 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: x cat 8x8

x cat 8x8

that video of this german x cat 8x8 machine is pretty cool design. check it out if you have'nt seen it. johnboy va.

John where do I go to see a pic of the machine

Linky ?
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

just punch in '' x cat 8x8 '' and some videos will come up. apparently this was built from scratch from what i can gather. j.b.

Pretty cool. It really articulates well.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Neat video for rock crawling. I’m looking for ground clearance and torque to push threw swamps.

Yea I was pretty interested in this when I first saw it. Adair tracks are not going to climb the rock faces this thing can. Upon more research it appears the inventor plans to make these if anyone buys. Don't know price but it should be a lot guessing 40-60,000
    Seeing as it is pretty much a much more optimized and lightened version of an Alstor 8x8 which ranges in the 100,000 to 120,000 price range!

Delduck, I'd think this machine would fair very well in the application you describe. This machine has heaps of ground clearance with the portal chain drives. Likely 2-3x more than a 6x6. I'd think torque would be a given. I've never seen an AATV, ATV, or really any off road machine fail in mud or swamps due to lack of torque it ends up being due to lack of traction and flotation.

pretty cool machine. It definitely articulates really well, would be good for rock climbing with the right tires.

i really like the way the pair of wheels pivot..but still drive together. it was fun to see a fairly good shot of how that drive setup is done. obviously the relationship of the drive sprockets down to each wheel does'nt change no matter how much the pivoting assembly moves. i would also think it does have some kind of stop limit so it could not not rotate too far .. j.b.

Very true about lack of traction. In the flotation dept I move forward until the reeds pile up in front of me then I get nowhere, but as you said back to no traction to push forward. I’m trying to build a machine now that has the rubber tracks like my max but also has 3 ft of ground clearance, that’s why I’m interested in some different designs on the drive end. Like the drive chains on that machine.

+ Reply to Thread