Amp/Hour Gauge?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amp/Hour Gauge?

Amp/Hour Gauge?

Fellow 6x6 Owners, Well I am still looking for what is drawing battery down when not using my Max IV. I noticed that the Amp/Hour meter might be the problem, what do you think? The hour section works but the amp needle doesn't move up or down, where does this hook up to and can that what draws from the battery? Where can I get a new gauge to try and see if that's the problem. Thanks for all your help.

It is doubtfull that is your problem. I'd try: If your battery goes dead in a specific amount of time (say 1 week), try unhooking the cables from your battery and wait that same week before hooking them up again and trying to start the engine. Batterys can often go bad in this way and it seems like you are chasing a draw .....that you never find. I used to repair factory car radios (a lifetime ago) and saw the complaint dozens of times. Mechanics would see the memory line into the radio as a draw when the ignition was turned off, pull the radio and send it in for repair.....only to be NTF.

My max is a 2000 but I put a 23 vanguard in it 2 years ago I was asking the same question about the battery. It was a fuel pump/selinoid/something like that, hooked to the yellow wire that was supposed to go to the run part of the key switch. I ended up putting a battery disconnect on until I found out what it was.

+ Reply to Thread