Max II BEARING HELP PLEASE

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max II BEARING HELP PLEASE

Max II BEARING HELP PLEASE

Hi Guys
    Been a while since i have been on here of working on my max II due to diy and work, any way, I have a bearing totally clampsed rear passenger side back, do you need to remove the engine for this? to get at the inner bearing ? Will try and add pictures if I Remember how to
    Thanks Richie

��can’t get the picture on sorry ����

hey wiggy ...glad to hear from you. i have replaced that bearing before and found the easiest way was to unbolt the bolts that hold the motor to the mount. then just slide the motor as far to the side as possible to get to the bearing. i don't think you need to actually lift it out of the tub. hope this helps , good luck . johnboy va.

Thanks Johmboy,��
    Been to dam busy with diy missed this forum so much, now got time to do some jobs on my max��

Forgot to say, when I removed the wheel, locking at the bearing that had clasped , I unbolted the bearing holder on the out side of the tub with the grease nipple on, and it had another plate fitted to it! So the grease could not get to the bearing! This is not normal is it? No wonder the bearing got dry ��

There should be two flanges, both on the outside of the tub. The outer flange has the grease nipple in it and the inner flange does not have a grease nipple. Look at this video, linked at the time I am removing the axle/bearing for a visual: https://youtu.be/GebTAtCD8C8?t=206

Hi mike.
    Yes it’s got two, but the new kit I got only has one with nipple ( outside) and one innner ��

Hi guys
    All went ok apart from the set screws on Sprocket , it was full of thread lock and even filled it level��☹️Bit of heat and came lose thank god�� Just need to find the inner bearing now in the uk ��☹️
    Richie

Ok, two days before deer season and my left rear axles bearing went out. I hate it but got to do it and pull the axle out. I first need to know if 6x6 World has a VIDEO FOR A MAX IV for pulling the axles to change the wheel bearings. I've seen the Max II by Mike and it's an excellent video but I would like to see a IV video. And, Especially since it is under the engine I need to see if I have to pull the engine on the Max IV. I see somebody said you can take the mount bolts loose on the engine on the side that needs changing but that's on a Max II. But on the IV I'm not sure that is possible. Any advice from any IV owners??? I also need to know what kind of bearings and anything else I might need and where I can buy that stuff from that is quality parts.
    Last edited by wheeler; 11-08-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

Hi guys
    Got my new bearings and flanges , the new flanges seem to be made a bit thinner, will these still be ok?
    Also trying to find that strip cork that mike sticks to the tub, does it have another name? Or will silicon be ok instead?
    I was looking at the other bearing too with the wheels off and notice an outer bearing locking collar was against the wheel hub, when looking closer and trying to refit it, it will not lock onto the bearing, seems ether the bearing is wrong or fitted wrong way round ��
    Thanks Richie
    Last edited by wiggy; 11-06-2018 at 12:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread