no fuel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: no fuel

no fuel

2 years ago i bought a new fuel pump for my argo magnum at an argo dealer worked fine for a year then it quit. bought a new one two days ago put it on worked fine for a day now its not pumping again. i ran it from a clean jerry can with no dirt and it has all new fuel lines and filter and new carb. this seems to be n ongoing problem for this engine and me anyone know what it could be ive had it with the engine and not pumping fuel. the fuel pump is the one that runs off the cam by the way

I had a similar machine years ago. the pumps seem to lose prime. if you can reprime them they work fine. you could try adding a squeeze bulb primer like you would find on an outboard boat engine, or a low pressure electric pump wired with a toggle switch. in either case it would help with priming and you could use it during the long uphill fuel starvation situation that those machines were prone to.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

ok i will give that a try the only thing i can think is where the arm rides on the cam it is worn down to the point where it cant get a full up and down motion for the pump to pump fuel. do you think that could be a possibility? it only has 800 hrs i would think it would last longer if this was the case.

could be, but I suspect one of the cam lobes opening valves (really doing work) would wear first... I've seen this on a few of these engines. I think you are just dealing with a weak diaphragm pump
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

well this is a brand new fuel pump?? this has me stumped

i checked my old one yesterday for dirt there wasnt any and i pumped the arm fast enought i could feel and hear air coming through and out the outlit. im thinking something is wrong in the engine not allowing the arm to move fully up and down?

I was having a priming issue on my 2000 Response. The pickup tube in the tank was deteriorating and allowing air into the fuel system. We replaced the pick up components and no further issues. Might want to check into that part of the system.

With the fuel pump removed. If you rotate the engine slowly you should be able to see a cam lobe which actuates the pump. Is it there or not? Did you try priming the pump in the manner(s) I suggested?

got it working its pumping fuel. took it for a ride and 10 min in it just died and smoke came out of the carb and exhaust. it started up after sitting for an hour but the fuse to the far left on the fuse block blew im not sure if that was a main fuse or not. the 30 amp from the stator was not blown only the one on the block.

Here is my guess
    Cracked pick up tube, will allow pump to suck air. If you remove the toolbox you can visibly check it, attempting to pull the fuel line off will most likely break the tube of not currently broken.
    Another possibility could be fuel line breaking down internally.
    Next tank vent not working properly perhaps causing 1 of 2 problems, possible 10 minute shut down, possible suction emptying fuel line at shut down.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread