Who pulls more and better- Max or Argo?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who pulls more and better- Max or Argo?

Smile Who pulls more and better- Max or Argo?

Who pulls more and better- Max or Argo? I need to know because my dads selling his 4 wheeler he uses for your work to buy a 6x6 so I need to know which model Max or Argo pulls better? WHat is the maximum weight each can pull? I have a large trailor his Polaris 2 stroke 400 pulls around his yard with a full load of mulch with ease. So I need to know which with out do his Polaris? Thanks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    Who pulls more and better- Max or Argo? I need to know because my dads selling his 4 wheeler he uses for your work to buy a 6x6 so I need to know which model Max or Argo pulls better? WHat is the maximum weight each can pull? I have a large trailor his Polaris 2 stroke 400 pulls around his yard with a full load of mulch with ease. So I need to know which with out do his Polaris? Thanks !!!
    8 wheels would seem to be better than 6!?! my 2 cents!!

i have had argo, max and attex machines. all have their good and bad points, and all are very capable machines. your best bet would be to try to find some machines near you and test drive. the argo and max drive differently and you may find that you just like one better. search the site for "argo vs max" and you find lots of discussion on the issue. in the end it all boils down to your preference. this is my wifes 1974 maxII. i hauled firewood off a hillside with it all day
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I bet an argo would win any pull contest, esp with low range taking the stress off the belt. Argo's web site used to have a pic of a vanguard pulling a semi cab and trailer, the tire's sidewalls all twisted and wrinkled. But, extreme pulling aside, a lot of 6x6's would do normal towing, and have other qualities you could appreciate. You might want to take the thing out and play, not just work it.

What is the max weight both models can pull?

my opinion

it depends where you are pulling dont forget which machine has true 6 wheel drive (max) versus differential (argo)
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Holster,

I'm going to answer your question directly. Either the Argo or Max will pull the load better than the 2-stroke Polaris. As far as how much they will pull,
    it depends on the conditions. Is it just a trailer with a load on it, or is it a full size pickup buried to the axles with a load of wood on it? Here's an example of the pulling capability of my Argo Bigfoot. 2 weeks ago we were at a motorcyle race and the ground was slop from the rain. The road going out was an approx 8% grade for about 800 ft. and then approx 4% for another 1000 ft. I pulled a 4x4, 4-door, longbed chevrolet dually, pulling a 14' enclosed trailer this entire distance. The conditions were slick red clay. I pulled him in high gear, as well. And no, the 4x4 quads couldn't pull him, they tried. As far as what machine is better for you, try any machine that you can get time in. I prefer Argo, but wouldn't object to owning a Max, Hustler, or Attex (I actually have an Attex in pieces in the garage).

McCoy
    I Love the Smell of KLOTZ in the Morning. It Smells Like....... HORSEPOWER!

towing

well said McCoy

If pulling is the only concern and we are comparing an Argo 6x6 to a Max II, I would go with an Argo. Having driven McCoys Bigfoot on several occasions and having watched him pull me out countless times it requires less effort than my Max II.

Like everyone else is saying though, don't base your decision solely on that.

The towing capacities for each model can be found on their websites:
    Page 15 of the first brochure shows Argos models: Amphibious Vehicles - Amphibious ARGO ATV, ARGO AATV, ARGO All Terrain Vehicle
    Max's can be found on their site: Guided Tour of the Max II - Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511

I have an argo and a maxll,The argo will out pull the maxll with the same size engine.The low gear in the argo is hard to out pull.

+ Reply to Thread