Hustler sprockets????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hustler sprockets????

Hustler sprockets????

I ave a 80's model Hustler w/a 440 Kohler motor. Where do I find the sprockets for it?

Do you have the sprockets but they are just worn out? If that is the case I would do some shopping around at places like TSC or a bearing supply shop to find a replacement sprocket. Then take them to a machine shop and have them replaced and welded. This is what i had done just a few months ago on my middle sprockets, mine was worn on the one that the T-20 comes off of. If you have nothing to start with Richard's Relics the places for you. I did call Richard during my quest, I seemed to recall $150 per axle on the middle sprockets
    BTW - it helps to have a friend or two that are machinist, a case of beer is cheaper than the shop rates.

Smile hustler sprockets

i have a few decent ones for about 1/2 of a dealer...

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Richard gets $50 per sprocket, you can get them cheaper elswhere, but then you are faced with the cost of machine work/welding. Check your local shops to see what they would charge to do this before you go buying anything. As Duckhunt says beerbucks are easier if you have a buddy. Otherwise you will want to know which of these other options are actually cheaper, the shops in my area run from $40 to $60 per hour. So your cost per sprocket could be even higher, depending on the cost per individual sprocket added to the price of having the work done to turn off the old and then weld the new in it's place.

Smile hustler pieces....

i may have 2-3 more hustlers coming in for parts?

thanks for the info. sorry it took so long to reply. I found a broke x-bar under my trans. so i think this is causing majority of my problems. I guess i will tackle one thing at a time.

i am in need of some sprockets

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    i may have 2-3 more hustlers coming in for parts?
    i am looking for some sprockets for my hustler let me know if you can help i can give you specs richard relics cant help me thanks

Try member racerone3, he just did an Apache Gear conversion so he may still have the stock ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    i have a few decent ones for about 1/2 of a dealer...
    i need 2 three sprocket hubs any help

Quote Originally Posted by kidkenn View Post
    i need 2 three sprocket hubs any help
    Amphiman is not on here anymore, not do I remember seeing any hustlers last I was over there. If you get me the tooth count, I have a set of hustler sprockets laying around I could sell.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread