Dan67's Hustler 950 Rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Dan67's Hustler 950 Rebuild

That is awesome Dan. I would love to use that jig when I'm ready for it if you wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    Started upgrading to new splined axles from whipper. For now I am doing the center axles that drive the machine. I broke way too many shoulder bolts at busco and it was a down right buzz kill. At the same time I am upgrading to new Argo HDI bearings and flanges on the outer bearings. Whipper was kind enough to machine a drill guide that is just perfect. Got bearings from Buffalo Bearings and HDI parts from Tim at Adair. Local Fastenal now carries zinc coated grade 8 bolts, washers, & nuts. Been busy morning sofar, center axles removed without much problems. Now onto pulling the motor so I can get the broken left rear out and swapped with an older center axle.

Great idea you have there Dan, going with the HDI Bearings!! It really looks stout!! You will be absolutely amazed at how more aggressive you can drive now, knowing that you will not shear any more pins,,,, well at least not on the centers for now!!!!! Looks good Dan, courtesy of Whipper!!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Started working on phase II of my upgrades. Got 4 new axles and sprockets from whipper. Will replace remaining bearings to Argo HDI standard. Also replacing inner bearing flanges to cast flanges. Bolts right up to existing holes. Inner are SBLF205-16. Buffalo bearing is the place.

hey dan, take some pictures of yourself also during the build so we can see the smiles get bigger !! john boy va.

Got a bit more done today. Fronts are now HDI. Removed the center HDI and bearings. Replaced bearings. Cleaned axles and painted them. Slowly getting it done.

Just a bit of an update. Installed 6 axles and sprockets. Used new cast flanged inner bearings. Just waiting on new chains.

Looks great Dan! Keep pushing.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

+ Reply to Thread