1983 Hustler 950 V-twin transplant

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: 1983 Hustler 950 V-twin transplant

Stonewall,

The exhaust looks great. Great idea......lol. I really like the cage around your exhaust, I might have to borrow that idea....Your rig looks great.

Looks great! Nice Job!

Yeah,nice machine Stonewall.That black header wrap looks really sharp! Where did ya find that?

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Looks great! Nice Job!
    Thanks Larry, I'm real proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlecrawler View Post
    Stonewall,

The exhaust looks great. Great idea......lol. I really like the cage around your exhaust, I might have to borrow that idea....Your rig looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Yeah,nice machine Stonewall.That black header wrap looks really sharp! Where did ya find that?

Joe.
    Thanks guys. I made that exhaust shroud out of a scrap piece of expanded metal that was laying around. If I was to do it again, I would use something more like perforated steel instead; that expanded metal doesn't curve well. The header wrap is just plain ThermoTec that I bought at the Napa store. It's actully a tan color on the roll, but once I got it wrapped and dried, I painted it with ThermoTec high heat coating (which is actully what I painted the entire exhaust with). The high heat coating comes in either black or silver. So far it's the best high heat paint I've used. After 2 full days of riding and testing and working out bugs, it still looks like I just sprayed it on, it's not faded or powdery at all.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Awesome thread!

+ Reply to Thread