Hustler 880 Plow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler 880 Plow

Question Hustler 880 Plow

I have recently bought a hustler 880 with a 400ccw motor in it. With winter coming up I'm trying to figure out how to make a plow for it. Anybody have any ideas?

I'd suggest doing what Recreatives does on their Max ATVs and make two steel plates that bolt onto your front and middle bearing flanges. Fab up a pair of plates for each side and weld on a pin on each for the plow frame to mount and raise and lower on. Then use a winch to bring the plow assembly up and down.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'll throw my 2 cents in. The 880 can have some frame issues as its not as robust as the later hustle models. The other issue is the 2 stroke engine. high revving - low torque isn't all that great for what you are trying to accomplish. i'd just have fun with the machine and not dump a tone of $ at a plow set up that will leave you wanting.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Thanks for the responses. I will look into jpswift1's idea, or maybe I will just use it for fun this winter

Use it for winter fun, and then while you're doing that, keep your eye out for a good deal on a 4 stroke machine to use as a workhorse. You can never have too many 6 wheelers!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Most snowmobile engine make way more hp than any vanguard 20hp... tons of ATVs come with two stroke engines they will have plenty of power to push a plow..a 440cc make 80hp and more torque than a Vanguard

I dont think the old 440's were rated that high,seems to me they were 38-40 hp range...

+ Reply to Thread