Hustler spinger anyone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hustler spinger anyone?

would it be possible to post a couple of pictures from the side with the tires off I am really interested in seeing how all this engineered. thanks
    hammer thumb

( brushcutter- QUOTE ) I have often wondered how well a springer would perform in deep sloppy mud, if all the a-arms and associated parts would create too much drag or resistance to be effective in such situations.

Not to mention all of the mud the exposed tires sling on the driver and the inside of the tub.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-14-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: cleaning up this thread

Quote Originally Posted by ganding View Post
    would it be possible to post a couple of pictures from the side with the tires off I am really interested in seeing how all this engineered. thanks
    hammer thumb
    Im headed out of town later this week so itll be a week or so before I can post some, but Ill get some on here,

"Not to mention all of the mud the exposed tires sling on the driver and the inside of the tub."

Im not afrais to play in the mud, and living in the northwest there plenty of rain so ill be sure to post some vids of it going through the mud holes

I don't know about the going through the mud but I would think clean up afterwards could be a real big deal. Some spots I take my Max IV getting the mud, roots, weeds etc. unwrapped from around the axles and bearing support assembly can take some serious effort and time. Just mud isn't that bad but I would think anything with exposed suspension would just be trolling for debris or even a large stick or log. I know you other guys have had to of picked up stuff on the trail that gets wedged into places you don't want it. Staying clean is always an advantage to operating an AATV for me also. I think it will be great for you to take your new creation out and run it through it's paces. I love the low slung Radcliffe Sidwinder look of your springer. I am looking forward to some amazing videos! Please keep us up to date on how it works out.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 11:35 PM.

If you are planning to ride in the mud you should try to fab some fenders for the machine. I mounted mine off the perimeter frame. If you use sheet HDPE mount it loose as it expands quite a bit in the sun.
    Acta non verba

I shall call this OMEGA because this is the end game for hustlers in my book

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    I love the springer machines, their low-slung look reminds me of Indy Cars for some reason. Watching Whippers ride along videos have had me throwing body english while sitting in my computer chair many times, so I can't wait to see the Bugeyed (OMEGA-I agree) ripping up some trail. I was only wondering if any of the springer builders had considered building in some adjustable lift on their machines. I can see a definite advantage to having the ability to adjust a machines ground clearance to fit various terrain as needed, air shocks would fit the bill perfectly on these machines, so this is something I would do if I were to ever build a springer. A 12vdc lightweight compact air compressor for air supply, small pressure tank (optional), some tubing, and six shocks...
    Last edited by Mike; 08-14-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: edited post after deleting others before it so it would make sense
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by ganding View Post
    I shall call this OMEGA because this is the end game for hustlers in my book
    I deleted and edited a lot of posts from this thread to get us back on topic.

I like the name you chose and I can't wait to see videos of it in action.

Hello ALL
    After months away from the forum to handle personal issues I am back!! We decided to hang on to the springer and it is now time to finish my project and post some vids. I did a little work during the months, added new sprockets, chains, and drive belt just got the engine mounted in this morning, next is gas tank and try to figure out those darn chain tensioners as its been so long since I took them off I don't remember how they go. Hope to be on it by the first of the year.

+ Reply to Thread