Hustler spinger anyone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hustler spinger anyone?

Well its been awhile since my last post and finally got some more done on the springer, think shes ready for her maiden voyage

Your hustlers Springer is beautifully. I sure would be proud of that machine!

That looks great. Be sure to take video of the maiden voyage.

Very nice

I want to know how it swims. I would kill for that machine if it still had fast swimming ability AND a smooth ride. Wow looks great though you really pulled it off.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by highrollinmopars View Post
    I want to know how it swims. I would kill for that machine if it still had fast swimming ability AND a smooth ride. Wow looks great though you really pulled it off.
    I was wondering about that as well. It looks really trick. Yes the ride is getting to be a concern as I get older, don't seem to recover as quickly as I did a few years back.
    A suspension would do it but I'm considering an airbag kit made for a ZTR mower.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    I was wondering about that as well. It looks really trick. Yes the ride is getting to be a concern as I get older, don't seem to recover as quickly as I did a few years back.
    A suspension would do it but I'm considering an airbag kit made for a ZTR mower.
    Airide now your on to something. Also airbags would help be buoyant and possibly a little more stable vs heavy coilover shocks. It might be bouncy though you think?
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed_99 View Post
    Well its been awhile since my last post and finally got some more done on the springer, think shes ready for her maiden voyage

I agree with the rest of the guys,,,, this is a sweet build! You have already done sooooo much to your machine, and one would almost think that there is nothing else to do,,, but then someones mentions "air-ride"!!!????!?!?!? Which is a great idea, but I wonder how much more $ will that take this build up to for the added parts. Its still a great idea, and I know that if you don't do it, someone else will!! I can't wait for the first shakedown video,,,, I bet you probably could take flight with that 503!!! Again,,, Great build!!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed_99 View Post

How did the machine make out? Any drive line issues? Find any leaks you forgot to tend to?

Really nice looking machine. This could cause me to build my Hustler for the hare scramble next year.

Very Nice! Looks like a lot of thought went into that machine. Hope it rides as well as it looks.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

+ Reply to Thread