Hustler spinger anyone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hustler spinger anyone?

Hustler spinger anyone?

I saw one thread of a hustler springer being built, but there hasnt been any updates in awhile. Anyone build one yet?

Edit by Mike: Build photos of the Springer start with this post: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/hustl...tml#post151112
    Last edited by Mike; 08-09-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: added direct link to latest photos

I am still working on my Hustler springer project. It has been awhile, but I will post an update soon.
    I don't want to go fast, I just want to go anywhere.

Sounds good, im looking foward to starting mine soon.

updated wheel assy.jpgHustler 6x6 tracks.jpgbugeyed

starting my build soon. design work is done.
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

I like the dual shock design. Im going to stick with a single shock, still trying to figure out how Im going to connect the out axle to the inner axle. Might have to find a fab shop around the area.

ok all you springer guru guys, Im working on a low cost method of making my hustler a springer, and have a lot of ideas and I want some opinions and thoughts on them, Im thinking of ways to connect the two axles together (low cost of course, so Im thinking the gear is held onto the axle by a press bolt, so why cant one drill a second hole in the gear tube and one in the outer axel closer to the body and insert the drive outer axle into the gear tube and secure it with another grade 8 press bolt? theres enough room for 2 holes, you could even offset them. Ive included a picture due to my lack of mechanical terms

So just got off the phone with a local metal fab shop, and for 1/16th''-3/16''th steel plates fabbed and tabs welded for the suspension for my springer project would be 600 per side, this seems pretty steep to me, all you springer guys does this sound reasonable for the work? Ive never had anything welded or fabricated so I have no idea on prices

Does not sound crazy to me.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Does not sound crazy to me.
    Same here. That doesn't sound too bad. I assume you are providing the drawings and they are cutting the plates and tabs out themselves and then welding everything in place?

Yea, 200 more if they did the drawing

+ Reply to Thread