gonna do it right

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: gonna do it right

gonna do it right

well been sitting out here in the gulf for a week now and Ive talked myself into stripping my 945hk all the way down and soda blasting the frame and going all through the bearings. figured if I am going to do it might as well do it right so 7 more days and I'm going home so ya'll wish me luck and if your in the mississippi area come on over the beer is on me

That's the best way to do it. Tear it down, paint the frame, new bearings, chain, fuel line, etc etc. It'll be like a brand new machine and reliable enough to take anywhere you want without having to always be worried about breaking down. Hustlers are GREAT machines and when you build them right, they're bulletproof.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

To bad I'm not closer to Mississippi.
    Hard to turn down free beverage! Your project shouldn't take long with the right quantity of said beverage.

I HEAR YA!

aint that the truth with enough cold beverages lots of things could be possible I'm just nervous about busting this frame loose no telling what I am going to run into but with a stroke of a hammer here we go

Quote Originally Posted by ganding View Post
    aint that the truth with enough cold beverages lots of things could be possible I'm just nervous about busting this frame loose no telling what I am going to run into but with a stroke of a hammer here we go
    i expected my ampihcat was gonna be a pain to tear down but it wasn't bad. i was hoping for a fast project and its turned into about 4 month project now. my frame wasnt really rusty so i just took a wire wheel to mine and then repainted it turned out good..

Quote Originally Posted by ganding View Post
    well been sitting out here in the gulf for a week now and Ive talked myself into stripping my 945hk all the way down and soda blasting the frame and going all through the bearings. figured if I am going to do it might as well do it right so 7 more days and I'm going home so ya'll wish me luck and if your in the mississippi area come on over the beer is on me
    Crap, that's about right. I was in Vidalia last year for months working on the levees and now this year there's free beer to be had!!!! I'm always a day late (more like a year in this case) and a dollar short. Good luck on the project though.

Ganding,when I first got my 945hk almost everybody but snipelee though it was history . Had my frame ready in about a day.

Yip,i think there may have been a few of those mood enhancing drinks invoved there to. lol.

I'm going to try to stay with the drinks in the can and not the tall bottles who knows I might try to put something stupid in there like a 3 cylinder yanmar diesel thats laying around the shop..hmmmmmm

+ Reply to Thread