Electrical schematic needed for hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electrical schematic needed for hustler

Electrical schematic needed for hustler

Hey guys. I'm a new member. Found this site after I just bought my first hustler 6 wheeler. Someone has cut and re-wired the plug in connector by the engine to the aftermarket key switch from local parts store. They are definitely not right. If someone had a good picture and schematic that would be awesome. It's a kholer engine. Twin cylinder two stroke.
    K440-2ax. Thanks in advance. We can't wait to get the kids out in the creeks and trails.

Hi Chris, welcome to the Site.

Bear with me, because I don't have a Hustler-specific diagram on me, but I can get you on the right path. Your engine will be a typical breaker point engine (non-CDI ignition), and will probably have either 4 or 5 wires in a plug coming from the engine, which will attached to the rest of the harness in the machine. Below is a typical wiring diagram for a twin-cylinder, electric start machine. You can basically ignore that this is for a JLO engine, since the principle is the same. The wire colors will also be "similar", but may have different stripes or be a different color all together. Confused yet?

What's not working on the machine correctly that leads you to believe it's not hooked up right? Is the electric start not working? Is it not charging the battery? Generic electrical switches from auto parts stores will usually work fine if they're hooked up correctly and have all the right terminals. Take a look over the diagram as a first step and then describe what seems to be wrong and we might be able to take a more refined approach.

electrical trouble on hustler

image.jpg
    Thanks for welcoming me and for quick response. I have just bought this and someone has just butchered the wiring and cut it loose from switch and lost key. So I'm basiclly starting over with all of it. I want to make sure it is hooked up right so it charges ok and starts and shuts off. Also I read that it has to charge so much with no lights on and more with lights and somehow has to be hooked up in a way to where u can turn the key in different positions to make that happen. If that all makes any sense. Lol. I did pro t your diagram and will try to make some sense of it. Would be cool if I had an actual pic but that's probably alot to ask for. It's a real mess with splices and all back by the engine plug. It was just firing on one cylinder until I unhooked the two black wires in the plug. I guess it was not right and grounding one side. Now it fires but I can't start with switch and it don't charge or any lights. Sorry for long post and thanks again.i tried to post a pic of what im working with so i hope it worked
    Last edited by Chris07; 03-06-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: needed pic

+ Reply to Thread